PLA Printing Problem

stellou_fry

Posted · PLA Printing Problem

Hi ,

I'm using an Ultimaker 2+ since one months. At the beginning I have no problem. Since one week i had to change the type of material (Innofil 3D ) and I made some modification on the printer. Now I am trying to reprint in PLA and I didn't manage to get a good print anymore. I used the recommended parameters for PLA on Cura and on the printer , i print at 210 degrees for the nozzle and 60 degrees for the plateau. My speed is 60 mm/s (and I tried to slow down it ) but it still doesn't work. I print at a fine profile. I do the calibration of the plateau 10 times.. I'm getting desesperated and I really do not know what i have to do.

I also tried to up the buildplate temperature but it's worst.. (from 60 degrees to 70)

Here is the kind of thing i had : 5a3341ca0c055_20171213_152242(1).thumb.jpg.08ac13b01958bf6076a858be1878fa71.jpg

I hope someone has already had the same problem and find a solution ...

Thank you in advance,

Estelle

5a3341ca0c055_20171213_152242(1).thumb.jpg.08ac13b01958bf6076a858be1878fa71.jpg

This is extremely common. Your nozzle is simply too far from the glass. Don't do any leveling - just turn the rear screw 1/2 turn CCW to move the bed up a little and try again.

Okay now you need some glue. Clean the glass. there may be some oil. I recommend any glass cleaner. Then you need to apply some PVA. There are 3 easy ways to do this - one way is to use the glue stick that came with the printer - put a little bit on - make a back and forth S shape where half the glass in between gets no glue stick. Then take a tissue and soak it in water and spread the glue stick around such that much of the glue is gone and all of it is transparent once it dries.

This is PLA? If so you want the bed at 60C. The amount you squished looks okay I think but moving it slightly clower in the back might help. Or it might not help. If it squishes so much that the filament is transparent then back off the screw until it looks like in your picture again.

Ok thank you so much , it is better now. But I have now a new problem , my printing is not good. When I print two parts there are some filaments between the two parts as the plastic doesn't stop to go out.

Here a photo of the two parts I printed yesterday evening : 20171214_083110.thumb.jpg.47fb96f1a3fce9621a808e91b331bd10.jpg

Is it link to the speed? The fan works at 100% ...

Thanks

This is called stringing, probably the print temperature is a bit to high, you can also increase travel speed to 250mm/s to reduce this