with your hands on your hips.....

And then you bring your knees in tight

Kuddo's for the Rocky Horror Picture show reference!  :D 

Posted · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback

Ehm, @sandervg

Are UMbots taking over?

Q0ELOfv.png

2) Also, there was no login button, only register

3) I am not getting notifications from this topic, even though it says I do.

What browser and osx are you viewing this? It looks fine to me on Android. They have made an attempt in the past though, but it was carefully surpressed! 

Let me check out email outbound tomorrow to see if anything was send out in the first place. Do you get emails from other threads?

10 hours ago, Dim3nsioneer said:

I can easily jump to the last unread post of a thread from the unread list. How do I jump to the FIRST unread post in a thread?

for the first unread post: find the right spot...

first_unread_post.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SandervG said:

What browser and osx are you viewing this? It looks fine to me on Android. They have made an attempt in the past though, but it was carefully surpressed! 

Let me check out email outbound tomorrow to see if anything was send out in the first place. Do you get emails from other threads?

I have emails turned of, but on forum notifications on. Don't see this thread. Let me try something though.

It was Firefox on Ubuntu 17.04.

12 hours ago, SandervG said:

@zerspaner_gerd , ich bin mir nicht sicher, was schief gelaufen ist, warum der letzte Beitrag ausgelassen wurde, aber glücklicherweise hat IPboard das gemacht und sie haben es behoben!:)

Thank you @SandervG,

I've seen several irregularities in notifications, not just those. To explain too much for me.
    e.g. Notifications appeared strongly delayed (1-2 days)
    However, I had changed something in the "Notification Settings" a little bit, can it be that this change only greatly delayed (even 1 - 2 days) go effective?

Wow...someone managed to hack in far enough that the topic was not even a link to an internal post, but an external spam site. Did not click on it, but noticed the lengths they went to.

Spam.thumb.jpg.6b23dd54d9efc2b5da7c2c1ce11d3e95.jpg

@SandervG

Another nit-picky detail...when you have followed a link into a thread (in this case by clicking on the "first unread" link) you totally loose context of what the subject is.

I mean, there is nothing that shows the title of the thread you are reading :|

(the only thing cut-off from this picture is the bookmark bar and the address bar)

image.thumb.png.fb69d6155bced093acab9e83d6bbd561.png

They hit again shortly after my last post. Wow.......

12 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

for the first unread post: find the right spot...

@Dim3nsioneer , yes. By clicking the star or dot at the start, you go to the first unread post :)

4 minutes ago, SandervG said:

@Dim3nsioneer , yes. By clicking the star or dot at the start, you go to the first unread post :)

Ah - I guess it was too obvious. Thanks.

9 hours ago, zerspaner_gerd said:

I had changed something in the "Notification Settings

Can you elaborate on what notification settings you have now, so I can have a closer look on why and if it should be possible that notifications are delayed? Are we talking about desktop notifications, notifications in the bell or email notifications?

13 hours ago, Titus said:

It was Firefox on Ubuntu 17.04.

Let me know if your test makes any difference. Is the robot still trying to take over? Firefox > macOSX is fine, I can not check it on ubuntu but I can forward it to IPboard if you say it is still too big. 

@nilrog, what would you suggest? I can suggest if it is possible to have the breadcrumb get stuck to the menu too, although I am not sure if it is possible since it is on another element. It would also mean more and more of the menu will continue to occupy space. I know how important information density is. 

Is it intuitive enough that the page title is in the tab-header? Do you have another / better idea?

In some forums I visit the subject is part of each post.

Having more in the menu is probably not a good idea...it is already quite big.

Here is one example:

http://3dprintingforum.us/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=532

Maybe just a subtle (e.g. not bold and big) "Forum thread title" text on the same line where today you can see "Posted X minutes ago".

image.png.e3739969b940730d7b650b28a10d737b.png

But again, it's nit-picky, and I can live without it...it is not something that all other forums have...but it is nice when you browse by opening each interresting topic in a new tab. By the time you get to those tabs...you might have lost the context so this would be a "quick refresh" :p

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Forum | Feedback
    5 hours ago, nilrog said:

@SandervG

Another nit-picky detail...when you have followed a link into a thread (in this case by clicking on the "first unread" link) you totally loose context of what the subject is.

I mean, there is nothing that shows the title of the thread you are reading :|

(the only thing cut-off from this picture is the bookmark bar and the address bar)

image.thumb.png.fb69d6155bced093acab9e83d6bbd561.png

The solution is simple, scroll all the way down on any forum page, and change the theme from ultimaker(default), to default. Live a happy live! I am so sorry @sandervg but the UM theme really is worse than the default imo. I kept using UM theme to find bugs, but I will keep using default now because it is just better :p

Edited by Titus
    • Like 1

Nice tip @Titus...didn't know about that option...it looks quite clean :) 

Even though it doesn't address all of the nit-pickes.

Will give this a try at least.

3 minutes ago, Titus said:

and change the theme from ultimaker(default), to default.

What does this do to Nilrog's remark about seeing in what topic you are? 

3 minutes ago, SandervG said:

I just applied this (Thanks to @Titus :) ) and it does not allow the topic title to stay in the viewer. I do also find this annoying. PC, Firefox Quantum, Win 8.1

Edited by kmanstudios

4 minutes ago, SandervG said:

It doesn't...but it's clean(er) :)

Not sure if it like it so much better...but i'm going to try it just for fun for a while (as I do not expect anything to be "fixed" in the default theme) :'D

2 hours ago, nilrog said:

It doesn't...but it's clean(er) :)

Not sure if it like it so much better...but i'm going to try it just for fun for a while (as I do not expect anything to be "fixed" in the default theme) :'D

Actually, when I scrolled up I couldn't see the title anymore, because of the menu sticking to the top of my screen and over it I believe. So now I can scroll up and see the title.

Edit, it wasn't topics, but sending private messages and some other stuff I can't remember that I couldnt read the top.

Edited by Titus

14 hours ago, SandervG said:

Can you elaborate on what notification settings you have now, so I can have a closer look on why and if it should be possible that notifications are delayed? Are we talking about desktop notifications, notifications in the bell or email notifications?

I accidentally had this setting:

Someone comments on something I follow

changed with, I noticed this a day later but I have 2 days continue irregular, white do not receive notifications, from Monday was then again all right (2 days after the last change).
    Therefore, the question whether it can be whether the setting takes effect until delayed?

@nilrog, if you are still willing to try the Ultimaker theme we have introduced an elegant solution today that tells you in which thread you are while scrolling through a page.

The title of a thread is added after the timestamp that tells you when a post is made. 

5a58a461d4c76_pagetitletimestamp.thumb.jpg.24fdf53ba5be94f6946f31f7ac0d1b1d.jpg

We are currently also looking into the menu which is causing the anchor point bugs you have been running into. 

• Like 1

@SandervG

Cool! I actually switched back already ?

• Like 1