Ultimaker Forum | How does it work

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Forum | How does it work
27 minutes ago, shurik said:

Somehow I'm being bombarded by new email messages for every new post in this thread despite updating the notification settings a few times from the mobile. 

Maybe obvious.... but did you save the changes?  I changed email notifications and it seems to work for me

image.thumb.png.4ca832e014fb79d4a181e91a643500c5.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titus said:

"Go to downloads", and then go to the same page you get when there is no download:

But if there is a file, 'go to downloads' would make less sense because there is no screen you would go to. I think if there are more files to be added, it would all make more sense.

3 hours ago, Titus said:

And list the files.

I also thought of this, but given the variety of files you can upload, and you can upload different files this would become difficult to set up in an information efficient way (I know we all love that around here). Something we have to think of on what will work best. Also curious how this functionality will be used in the first place, and we will go from there. 

3 hours ago, yellowshark said:

I was referring to my notifications queue in the top right hand corner of the display. They have all disappeared apart from the one you just sent advising us that the forum was ready. I thought I read in the last week or two that the notifications would be migrated, maybe I am wrong.

ahh yes, you've asked such a thing and I replied. But I think my understanding of your question was as precise as it was just now. I thought you meant the follows on topics, like in the top right corner. I did not realize you were talking about existing notifications pending in your bell, so to speak. My apologies. 

In general, I think this forum will do a much better job allowing you to set up your notifications and keeping track of them for you. 

2 hours ago, IRobertI said:

Congrats on a job well done, Sander. I know it must've been pretty nerve-wracking the past few weeks :)

Thank you, and it has been! ..Luckily there were lessons learned and I had a great team to work with! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yellowshark said:

Hi @SandervG another minor one. There now seems to be no indication in the notification queue that one has read a post. In the old system the notification text turned from black to light grey when one accessed the notification. Coupled with the lack of a delete icon I think it is going to become a PITA very quickly

Perhaps it slipped your attention, but there is a color difference between old and new notifications. 

Old notifications are dark grey, new notifications are light grey. Except when you have clicked the bell, they all turn the same color, which I can indeed imagine, can get confusing.

I'll see what I can configure. Thanks! 

I just checked the notification settings since I became "bombarded" with emails (not really, but for a few threads that are active now I get an email for every, yes every, post).

I noticed that there is no "A notification email when new content is added since your last visit".

These are the only options that exists:

image.png.63553f84d51f6607c578baab83a4f46d.png 

Is there no way to get a notification when new content is added...but not for every post...only once, until you visit the forum again?

Most forums where I participate has such a setting :)

is it possible to configure notifications so you don't get multiple notifications on the same thread?

image.png.25c1534226f758f38a7e8657cd975834.png

• Like 1

Not the same, I like being notified when someone posts something. But not for every change :p

Having it once a day is, to me, the same as disabling email notifications totally and only relying on the notification icon once I visit here.

But it's a minor thingy...in your previous forum I never received any emails.

Btw, that setting...I take it as it refers to email notifications only? Not also the notification icon? The wording is vague. 

1 minute ago, ultiarjan said:

is it possible to configure notifications so you don't get multiple notifications on the same thread?

Let's hope they find a way :)

5 minutes ago, ultiarjan said:

image.png.25c1534226f758f38a7e8657cd975834.png

Found it...but it is not on a per post setting.

It's in the "Notification settings"...at the bottom of that dialogue.

image.png.390965b5e5abaa70d3941387ed4eef66.png

I just ticked the "Only send one email..." now, so it will be interesting to see what happens :) 

6 minutes ago, nilrog said:

Not the same, I like being notified when someone posts something. But not for every change

Can you describe the desired algorithm for me, like pragmatically? What is 'not every change'?

2 minutes ago, nilrog said:

I just ticked the "Only send one email..." now, so it will be interesting to see what happens :) 

lol, that is exactly the feedback I just got from the developer ;) lets see how that works :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ultiarjan said:

Maybe obvious.... but did you save the changes?  I changed email notifications and it seems to work for me

Yes, as ultiarjan said, I forgot to scroll down the "Notification Settings" page and update the settings there.

Have to say, that 2nd part of the page is completely invisible on the mobile device and one just have to guess it is there, as my intuitive guess was that the first "Save" button is at the bottom of the page and there is nothing more.

UMF1.png

Love the working quickreply and the fact that I don't have to wait 30 seconds for a next page! good job!

• Like 1

Yay, i can actually log in again, i have not been able to browse the forum logged in at all since the move to Amazon earlier this year... :/

Looks like there is not much spam control in this new forum.

There are two posts like this posted by the same user, that only has those two posts, in "Official news" not long ago:

2 hours ago, meduza said:

Yay, i can actually log in again, i have not been able to browse the forum logged in at all since the move to Amazon earlier this year... :/

Welcome back, we missed you! :)

2 hours ago, nilrog said:

Looks like there is not much spam control in this new forum.

There are two posts like this posted by the same user, that only has those two posts, in "Official news" not long ago:

With the new forum I wanted to experiment and make the onboarding process easier for new users. It means I removed the moderator approval step, and new users would start with a restricted account. A restricted account allowed for 3 posts per day max, and when flagged as a spammer it should prevent them from posting more content. 

Currently everyone can report a user, and it is up to a moderator to flag him as a spammer. I'm looking if it will be possible that everyone can flag a spammer as a spammer to prevent him from posting, and next a moderator will have the final say. 

We can always decide to put the moderator step back in place for new users, but I feel like if the above scenario can be configured it will be better for new users and be more fierce towards spammers. 

@yellowshark, can you leave your feedback in the feedback thread from now on?

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Forum | How does it work

Yes....tons of emails!

Going to change to One Email per Day and see how that goes.

However, I DO like seeing the replies without logging in....that's a big plus

Edited by LePaul

I also changed this setting...

Other topic - in the old forum, there was a bookmark option which I used quite a lot to collect highly interesting/important topics e.g. the SSS installation.... Bookmarks are now gone - correct? so is there any function similar to it or just the follow function?

Does that work for you? @LePaul, @drayson

I still have many emails.

15 hours ago, drayson said:

I also changed this setting...

Other topic - in the old forum, there was a bookmark option which I used quite a lot to collect highly interesting/important topics e.g. the SSS installation.... Bookmarks are now gone - correct? so is there any function similar to it or just the follow function?

Sorry, I am afraid that feature is not supported by Ipboard and no better alternative than following a thread. If you frequently use the same browser you could also consider bookmarking threads in your browser. Not really a forum feature, but perhaps it helps. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, zerspaner_gerd said:

I still have many emails.

Hi, what are your settings? I think if you should enable ' One email per day with all new content from that day  ' and '  Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community ' this should both reduce the amount of emails you receive. Do you have both of them enabled, and saved your settings?