Ultimaker Forum | How does it work

SandervG

Posted · Ultimaker Forum | How does it work
15 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hallo, was sind deine Einstellungen? Ich denke, wenn Sie " Eine E-Mail pro Tag mit allen neuen Inhalten von diesem Tag  " und "  Nur eine E-Mail-Benachrichtigung für Inhalte, die ich befolge, bis ich die Community erneut besuche  " aktivieren,  sollte dies die Anzahl der erhaltenen E-Mails reduzieren. Haben Sie beide aktiviert und Ihre Einstellungen gespeichert?

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I already have. See in this post.

I do not understand these settings:

5a39983898201_ManageFollowedContent.thumb.jpg.e1c2e6f868ac1595e397a9aabd93dcc1.jpg

With all old thread still "Immediate notification" is set. No matter what I set in the setting "Notification Settings". What matters now?

But positive for today everything is OK. (until now) *|

• 1 month later...

Some information regarding the forum notifications:

• Send me news and information
      • Make sure this checkbox is checked if you want to receive the Ultimaker Community newsletter. You will only receive information regarding the community, no other promotions. (Unless you have also subscribed to the regular newsletter on ultimaker.com ofcourse).

Automatically follow content
        • Automatically follow new content I post.
        • Automatically follow new content I reply to. 

There are 2 ways you can start following content. Either automatically, or manually. These 2 options above allow you to configure when you start following content automatically. 

Besides automatically, you can also choose to follow content manually, whenever you see something interesting. When you want to follow a category or topic manually, click the follow button at the top right corner, it's on almost every page. When you select content manually that you want to follow, you get the option to configure in what frequency you want to receive updates.

5a66151687020_followcontent.thumb.jpg.6794ba78c190f7aa203939625690d2a6.jpg

You do not get the option to configure the notification interval when you follow content automatically, therefore you have the option to configure your preferences in your notification settings. 

• A notification when new content is posted.
      This means you receive a notification when new content is created. The definition of notification and content relies on the rest of your configuration. A notification can be an email, desktop notification and/or onsite (via the bell). 
    • One email per day with all new content from that day
      You only receive one email per day with a collection of all notifications related to content which you started following automatically
    • One email per week with all new content from that week
      You only receive one email per week with a collection of all notifications related to content which you started following automatically
    • Do not send me notifications
      Regarding the content you follow automatically, you will receive no notifications or emails at all. 

notifications.thumb.jpg.c1ed2bd4020b190afe4bdb670fef5c0b.jpg

Notification preferences

• Show popup window when I receive a new personal message
      This is related to onsite notifications. You can receive a popup whenever you receive a personal message. 
    • Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community
      The forum registers a last_visit timestamp in the database which is updated when your user account visits the community again. It is only triggered when you actively visit the community. It is not triggered when your browser remembers your login and you browse the internet, or when you visit the forum but you are logged out. It is related to notifications from the same source. Example; if there are 3 topics you follow and all receive 5 replies during your absence, you only get 3 notifications (onsite and/or email). 1 for each topic. Which notification you receive, onsite and/or email, depends on your notification preferences as in the screenshot above. 

Hope this helps everyone configuring the best preferences! Let me know if you have any further questions :)

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2018 at 10:18 AM, SandervG said:
    • Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community
      The forum registers a last_visit timestamp in the database which is updated when your user account visits the community again. It is only triggered when you actively visit the community. It is not triggered when your browser remembers your login and you browse the internet, or when you visit the forum but you are logged out. It is related to notifications from the same source. Example; if there are 3 topics you follow and all receive 5 replies during your absence, you only get 3 notifications (onsite and/or email). 1 for each topic. Which notification you receive, onsite and/or email, depends on your notification preferences as in the screenshot above. 

Unfortunately this option doesn't work as we believe it should, and how you now also explained it,....the forum still sends an email for every update to a post even though you never visit the forum. Sp if you are following a lot of popular posts you will get "spammed".

@nilrog To avoid being spammed by new content just go to your notification settings and select the things for which you want to receive emails.

I personnally changed most of the settings to not receive emails (except for private message and moderator stuff).

And i also selected this option:

One email per week with all new content from that week

so i just receive one mail for all the content i follow (and i have a lot of topics due to the autofollow) it works perfectly for me.

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Forum | How does it work

@DidierKlein

Sure...I can turn off everything...but I was reporting that the advertised function does not work as intended...aka a bug ;)

I like to be notified that something has been updated...so I can go back and check it when I have time...this same function is available in most forums...and this is the only forum where it doesn't work...although both me, reading the description, and @sandervg, made the same assumption about how it should work.

Btw, the function to "tag" someone doesn't seem reliable either...I tagged @SandervG above and it didn't work...but now when I edit the post I am "allowed" to tag him.

Edited by nilrog