Idle Temp for Dual extrusion (S3D)

Posted · Idle Temp for Dual extrusion (S3D)

Hi together,

I have problems to get an idle temp working in a dual extrusion setup. The extruder which isn´t used should lower its temp and the new called extruder should rise temp, but ist doesn´t work.

Atached the script which i added in the toolchange script window in S3D:

{IF NEWTOOL=0};M104 S170 T1 ; idle right extruder

{IF NEWTOOL=0};M109 S190 T0 ; heat left extruder

{IF NEWTOOL=1};M104 S170 T0 ; idle left extruder

{IF NEWTOOL=1};M109 S190 T1 ; heat right extruder

Printer: UMO (modified dual extrusion)

What i do wrong???

Printer: UMO (modified dual extrusion)

Firmware: UMOU_17.01

Seems like a issue of names M104 sets temp and M109 waits until temp is achieved 

You need to set old to cold, set new to hot and wait new to reach temp

T0

M104 Sxxx change old to cold

T1

M104 Sxxx change new to heat

M109 Sxxx wait for new to reach X temp

Posted (edited) · Idle Temp for Dual extrusion (S3D)

Hello Zeno, your script is right but you do not insert the " ; " after the {IT OLDTOOL/NEWTOOL} placeholders in the toolchange script tab.

Take a look at mine that I use for the mark2: 

; PLA/PLA SCRIPT

T[old_tool] ; old tool

M104 S175 ; idle tool

{IF OLDTOOL=0}M104 S190 T1 ; preheat before swap

{IF OLDTOOL=1}M104 S190 T0 ; preheat before swap

G92 E0 ; zero extruder

G1 E-[toolchange_retract_distance] F[toolchange_retract_speed] ; retract old tool

T[new_tool] ; new tool

{IF NEWTOOL=0}M104 S175 T1 ; cool idle tool

{IF NEWTOOL=1}M104 S175 T0 ; cool idle tool

{IF NEWTOOL=0}M109 S190 ; wait after idle

{IF NEWTOOL=1}M109 S190 ; wait after idle

G1 X[next_position_x] Y[next_position_y] F[travel_speed] ; move XY first

G1 Z[next_position_z] F1500 ; zero lift

{IF NEWTOOL=0} M104 S[extruder0_temperature] ; final heatup

{IF NEWTOOL=1} M104 S[extruder1_temperature] ; final heatup

G92 E0 ; zero new extruder

G1 E[toolchange_retract_distance] F1200 ; load material

G92 E0 ; zero extruder

Here is the complete FFF

Edit: look the last version that is better and more precise

Edited by MarcoUbtz
    • Like 1

Hi MarcoUbtz,

thanks alot for sharing you profiles, I am totaly new to set up scripts for printers, helps me alot to see a well descripted profile which i can modify for my modified UMO with dual extrusion.

Merry Christmas

On 12/23/2017 at 9:39 AM, MarcoUbtz said:

Here is the complete FFF

Hello Marco,

I have the UM2+ dual head (magnetic toolchanger)

A lot of problems with Cura (which seems to be the thing to use with my UM3, but the support for a custom machine is problematic)

I see these FFF files. This is the way to go now with S3D?

Many thanks,

Rudy

Hey @RudydG I have the mark2 setup too.

I don't understand what you mean, my english is not very good.

Marco,

No problem, i will try your latest FFF files, and see what comes out of it.

Greetings and merry Christmas! (frohliche weinachten?)

Rudy

Hi!

Sorry for my bad English... I´m better speak and Understand german- English is a lot of Years before at my School time....:-(

I have another Problem with it - tested on Ultimaker 3. 

I Use Material with different Temperatures. If I Print Dual with this, the hottest Filament will perfect connect with the colder

printed Filament. But if it Change, it will only lie on the hot printed Filament but not connect with it. You can pull apart this

like two parts on the Change Layer.

You must Change it that if you Print the "colder" Filament, that you set it to the Temperatur from the Hot Filament with M109

and after that to the Temperatur of the cold Temperatur M104 and start in the same Moment.  So it will print first time to hot,

but will connect with the hottest Filament and after a short Time it will have the right Temperatur...

I don´t know, if you understand, what I mean. But it will not work. I must test it with your Skript and another line (M104 at last..).

Greetings and merry christmas

Christian

6 hours ago, Digibike said:

You must Change it that if you Print the "colder" Filament, that you set it to the Temperatur from the Hot Filament with M109

and after that to the Temperatur of the cold Temperatur M104 and start in the same Moment.  So it will print first time to hot,

but will connect with the hottest Filament and after a short Time it will have the right Temperatur...

I don´t know, if you understand, what I mean. But it will not work. I must test it with your Skript and another line (M104 at last..).

I have not understand completely, your problem is the material temp or the script temp? 

Note, I use this profile on a UM2 with the mark2, I never test it on a um3

Hi,

I think, this is a General Problem. If I Print a Filament on Extruder 1 like Standard PLA with temparture 205 Grad and on Extruder 2 a PLA

Like HD PLA with Temperatur 235 Grad, it will work if i has first Print Standard PLA and now Print HD PLA from Extruder 2 after that.

It will connect. If you now Change back to Standard PLA (Extruder 1) with this Skript, it will only Print on the HD PLA, but you can after

Print it Press away with your fingernail. It has no layer connect -  you Need the Temperature of the hot Filament for the first layer contact.

So you Need another - the M104 to get not this Problem. You must set the hot Temperatur with M109 and after that with M104 the right

Temperatur and start directly the Print. This is the only way to eliminate this Problem how i see it. Perfect is, if this Temperatur is exact for

this layer and Change than, but i don´t think, that we can do it in the slicer, because you can Change the Extruders between one layer

several times...

That is, what I mean... I hope you understand, what I mean...

Posted (edited) · Idle Temp for Dual extrusion (S3D)

First a big thx to all of you for your qualified answers :),

I copied the profile of MarcoUbtz and edited a little bit, works great.

Hi!

Sorry for my bad English... I´m better speak and Understand german- English is a lot of Years before at my School time....:-(

I have another Problem with it - tested on Ultimaker 3. 

I Use Material with different Temperatures. If I Print Dual with this, the hottest Filament will perfect connect with the colder

printed Filament. But if it Change, it will only lie on the hot printed Filament but not connect with it. You can pull apart this

like two parts on the Change Layer.

Greetings and merry christmas

Christian

Which printer do you use?

I can help you to set up an profile for Simplify3D which has seperat temperature for the first layer.

Zeno

Edited by Zeno