Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Clancey

Speed between differing machines.

HI folks.

I have an Ulti3 and a CR10 which I use for large stuff where the quality isn't paramount.  If I set both printers off at the same time with a print speed of 80, the Ulti ponders around carefully printing the objects while the CR10 goes off like bonkers and prints approximately twice the speed.

I know the Ulti uses a different flavour of gCode, but surely speeds should be the same?  it's all mm/s isn't it?

Nothing to add but questions. Are you using the same slicer for both? How does the quality vary? To be clear, you print something for four hours on the UM3 and the CR10 prints in 2? What about infill quality?

All things for me to just understand.....sorry nothing worthwhile to help though. The UM3 is my only experience as a 3D Printer hardware.

The UM3 comes with a set of elaborate quality profiles to get the best out of your printer/material combinations. Most of these profiles override certain “parts” of the print speed, such as first layer print speed, outer wallprint speed, etc. These overrides don’t apply to your CR-10. I think this explains mist of the differences.

5a449f6ac1e6f_speedUltimakerCura.png.b2105c51547cb6121689f7f5ef145424.png

Well.... besides the "elaborate profiles" some of the speed settings are a bit strange. Ultimaker Cura defines the main speed setting as the INFILL speed.

Basically you set half the speed you think you set in some profiles, above sample is standard PLA for UM3.

I personally don't like my infill to print crappy, so I flatten out the speeds to be closer to each other.

• Like 1