Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
ultimateboss

Rattling/shaking noise (prime Tower)

Recent after updating the my UM3 extended, I have notice a rattling noise. It only seems to happen while wiping the nozzle on the prime tower. It makes a  vibrating noise as if it were struggling to move or if it were caught on something. Maybe its part of the update? I just unpacked it after a move it was boxed up for 3-4 months. ... its hard to hear but you can see its shaking and rattling. 

Not really. It is a comfort factor thing and it took a while to refine my temps for such a process. Usually, the worst thing that happens is I get a few 'nubbins' that I can either knock off with a finger nail or a tiny bit of x-acto knife work. Once in a while, I get a bit of PVA string caught in a layer of main plastic.

Edit: Another thing I thought of is that since I am on the UM3E, most of the cool stuff that happens with Cura really shines with the printer. These are things like the start, print and end temps of the nozzles, taking time to 'fingerprint' various materials, etc.

But, really, it was the failure rate and the cost of wasted material that got me to switch. Never looked back.....

Edited by kmanstudios
Additional info