1st layer

yulis28

A few things to check are: Is your bed level? Did you disable your fan for the first layer? Did you use a glue stick or painters tape to help the print adhere?

If you did all these things check this out:

what printer do you have?

Make sure to level the bed properly, on an Ultimaker2 just use the procedure with a tin piece of office paper. On an Ultimaker3 if you use autoleveling make sure to keep the nozzles clean.

Also use the correct bed adhesion method, If you print in PLA either make sure the glass is VERY clean (rub with alcohol) or use a bit of gluestick. When using gluestick put just a few lines on the glass, then wipe over the whole bed using a piece of slightly wet paper towel, you want just a very thin layer of glue.

Above is vital for this, I suspect the nozzle may be jumping around a bit. Plus

print 1st layer slow not > 20mm/s

keep extruder temp as low as possible to avoid stringing

it may help to slightly reduce the nozzle to bed gap so that the filament is really pushed into the bed

If still suffering try a different colour if you have one; the colour dyes can impact the performance of the filament - white is the worst.

@yulis28 - I have two theories but want to see your print at the moment the first layer is almost done but before it starts the second layer.

One theory is you need to move the nozzle closer to the bed.  Some other's above seem to agree with that theory.

The other theory is that some of what is the "bottom" of your print is indeed printed on the first layer, but other parts (the skinnier walls) are printed one layer up and are printed almost in the air - just above the glass.  You can check this in cura layer view - see what is printed on layer 1 and what is printed on layer 2.

Posted · 1st layer

my printer is ultimaker 2 and i use cura

sry for delay, I will try to calibrate the bed and clean.

everyone thanks alot that you are helping :D

I heard it may happend cuz my pla is laying our side and not in a close box.

I tried to print another model and it look so bad.

IMG_20180101_154741.jpg

IMG_20180102_130453.jpg

I don't know what's going on with that ring.  Which way is down when printed?

That woman - doesn't look good.  Either you are printing maybe too hot, or not enough fan, or most likely just printing too fast.  If you are playing around, then try changing the prnit speed in the TUNE menu in the middle of your print - try printing at 50% speed to see what happens.  Also try lowering by 10 or 20C (separate experiments on different layers).  also make sure fan is at 100%.

Oh and you can leave PLA filament out in a humid room for a year and there should be no problem.  Other filaments (nylon, pva) you have to be very careful with but PLA and ABS don't need to be stored carefully.  Just keep them below 50C, lol.

Posted · 1st layer

I waited till the bed was cooled before I remove the ring, i think the bed is not calibrate so that why the ring look like this..

I printed the woman (suppose to be harley quinn) in layer 0.06mm travel speed 120mm/s printing speed 30mm/s

nozzle temp 210

bed temp 60

fan 100%

Are you using pla or abs. If pla then that temp is probably to hot. Also try lowering the speed a bit. Try 200° and 60mm/s.

Posted · 1st layer

ok thanks i will try but id dont think travel speed is the problem :)

tristan I think didn't look carefully - you want your travel sped high - on an ultimaker at least 150mm/sec and 30mm/sec is definitely slow.  A good speed for good quality.  Are *all* the cura printing speeds the same though?  Sometimes you can set it to 30mm/sec but the infill speed is faster and that will cause these over extrusion blobs on harley.  I would also increase layer thickness to 0.1mm but I'm not sure that is the issue.

Did you have support enabled for Harley?  that could explain the entire problem.  It might be as simple as disabling support.

Posted · 1st layer

yea I have support enable i will try to remove it we will see what will happend :)

Well before printing her, look at the part in layer view with support turned on and off and think about what will happen when it prints.