Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

My PVA has been stored  for a two week period storage in a bag with pingi dehumidifier bags.

After loading my PVA again the PVA seems to create tension resulting in uplift / release of the PVA in the corners. 

Any ideas how to resolve this ? Further drying with the bags seems to be useless. Need i invest in a food/pva dryer to further dry the filament ?

Also cleaned the glass plate using a dry cloth with some ammonia which have me the best results in the past.  

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

IMG_3657.JPG

Edited by toilet-ovule-add
added text

that uplift in the bottom pic could be one of two things. Maybe more, but these would be my go to first checks.

1. Clean the glass thoroughly with alcohol...99% pure isopropyl if possible.

2. Are you using anything to adhere the materials to the buildplate?

I have cleaned the glass plate in the past many times using ammonia and then use a paper towel to rub off the remaining fouling when the plate was dry.

Using this cleaning method the PVA normally sticks like glue.
Alternatively i cleaned the glass plate with warm water and some drops of dishwashing soap (Dreft) on a sponge. Then when the plate was dried, i rubbed the plate again with a paper kitchen towel till i noticed that the resistance between de paper-towel and the glass plate increased.

So followed the Dreft-and-rub method again, and it seems that the PVA sticks like glue again :)

No i do not use glue, salted water or any other materials to stick the filament to the plate. 

Thanks for the response !