Material feed mechanism smal black gear

luidens

Posted · Material feed mechanism smal black gear

Solved, ( thanks to support )

The gear on a hard surface and the motor in your hand and a pretty hard push did the trick. ( scary )

I was trying it the other way around to push the gear on the motor ( the gear in my fingers )

I usually use a heavy vice. But another option is putting the gear flat on the table and pushing the motor on top of it.

But I thought these came pre-fit on the motors? Or maybe that is no longer done.

• 2 months later...

But I thought these came pre-fit on the motors? Or maybe that is no longer done.

I had to fit mine on too - indeed an interference fit - almost to the point where i feared pressing with more force would squeek the stepper motors bearings....

Well :???:

My little small black gear BROKE!

And I did the same scary move of you ... and it broke, now i'm waiting for the Ultimaker Support answer,

to know if I can order this spare part.

I strongly advice to push gradually with a tool that let you do so (if you have it),

I intend a tool with a torch that let you apply a force slowly and gently.

An advice for people in the future.

Somebody knows if is possible to reorder the small black gear?

G.

DON'T hit it with a hammer!

That's not a very smart thing to do with a motor. Use the "cogwheel on table, motot in hand" approach.

Well :???:

My little small black gear BROKE!

The same just happened to me :(

I've raised a support ticket to see if a new part can be sent out. Did support send you a replacement?

Matt

I too was alarmed by the amount of force needed. I used an exacto knife to bevel the the hole a tiny bit and then placed the gear on the table and PUSHED the motor down.

i hammered it too, with a piece of wood between the hammer and the gear, and with VERY GENTLE STROKES (took ages, but as i read about people breaking their's before, i was extra cautious)

I usually use a heavy vice. But another option is putting the gear flat on the table and pushing the motor on top of it.

Same here, worked like a charm.

Nope, they come separate...

encounter the same problem putting it in and just thought to open one topic regarding it. now it seems forcing it in is the only option..... will give it a try, hope not to break it.

I Have the exact same problem, except I applied to much force trying to get it onto the axle and the black gear broke, I'm going to message support about it, going to try to get a new one :/