Slicing Issue

93levya

Posted · Slicing Issue

I recently downloaded the new version of Cura (3.1) after putting it off for a while. After doing so I started having an issue when my printer changes layers, where it looks like it's not completing the layer or its under or over extruding in these areas as the Z axis moves. I don't have a picture of this at the moment but can get one if needed. As part of trouble shooting I went back and printed some old G code files I had to see if it was the printer, but that defect didn't appear in these prints. I then I started printing some cubes using Cura 3.1 to see what the issue is, and it looks like the printer is pulling the plastic up whenever the layer changes. It always occurs at the same point at the print and at the completion of the layer. I tried messing with the retraction settings, but because I did not start getting this issue until using the new version of Cura I feel like it has to do with a change in how the slicer works. Does anyone have any suggestion as to what this might be, or how to fix it? I apologize if it's hard to see in the pictures. 

20180107_125921.jpg

20180107_130015.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies