1 of 3 printers gone after upgrade Cura 3.0.4->3.1

MarcusWolschon

Posted · 1 of 3 printers gone after upgrade Cura 3.0.4->3.1

I have an Ultimaker 2 with Olsson block and Reprap g-code defined and it has custom materials and printing profiles.

However after installing Cura 3.1 only the 2 other (less relevant) printers show up.

There was no warning during the installation process that something could not be imported.

Of cause Printers in Cura have no "export"/"import" functionality, so I can't get it into Cura 3.1 using the GUI.

These are not beta-versions. These are stable releases.

15 minutes ago, nallath said:

Without logs, there is nothing we can do to help.

Where does the Windows version store it's logs and logs of what time period do you need?

Log of the installer?

Of a 3.1 startup?

Where do you want me to send that log to?

"Could not deserialize container Ultimaker 2 Extended 1.0mm"

"ERROR - UM.Logger.logException [80]: Exception: When trying to deserialize Ultimaker 2 Extended 1.0mm, we received an unknown ID (ultimaker2_extended_1.0) for container"

Comparing 3.0 and 3.1, everything seems to be there.

The printer just doesn't load and thus never shows up.

Again, where do you want this log to be sent to?

It's way too long to quote it. (44.4MB)

I would take a guess that Cura is tripping up over the "." in the id.

It was the same ID in Cura 3.0.4 and 2.5 and 2.2 and ...

So I highly doubt that.

Probably some incompatible change in the profiles this machine type has to inherit from or something that didn't copy over from 3.0.4.

It could still be that the version upgrade between 3.0 and 3.1 has an issue with the . in the name that previous versions do not have.

Anyway, we won't know unless someone has a look at your 3.1 configuration folder.

Again, where do you want this log to be sent to?

Upload it somewhere, post a link here.

Does it contain anything that shall not be public (names of model files, ...)?

That is up to you to decide. I am a community member. If you can't share data with the community, I can't really help you.

Note: I don't think the logs by themselves are going to be enough to get at the problem. I think zipping up the whole configuration folder and posting that will be the only way to find out what happened in the upgrade between 3.0 and 3.1

I wrote to support@ultimaker.com with the compressed roaming profile folder and a link to this "discussion".

Ok, let's hope they can help you then.

Hi, I think I have a similar issue but with profiles.

I have been happily running the 3.0.4 AppImage under Ubuntu 16.04LTS, then tried 3.1 and none of my printers, materials, or print profiles came over.

I figured out that backing up to 3.0.4 works but that "first run" of 3.1 for translation failed.

Is there a way to restart the process *OR* is it possible that the logs showing translation issues are still hanging around?

I only see a bunch of version bumps in the translated files, and nothing shows up when I start 3.1.

Ideas?

Do I need to export everything from 3.0 and import to 3.1?

UBUNTU:~/.local/share/cura> diff -r 3.0/quality 3.1/quality
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_abs+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_abs+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_abs+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_abs+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_abs+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_abs+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_raptor+pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_raptor+pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_raptor+pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_raptor+pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmextruder_raptor+pla+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmextruder_raptor+pla+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    10c10
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_abs+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_abs+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_abs+low+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_abs+low+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_abs+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_abs+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_abs+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_abs+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_pla+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_pla+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    6a7
    > setting_version = 4
    8d8
    < setting_version = 3
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+low+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+low+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    7d6
    < setting_version = 3
    9a9
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/fdmprinter_raptor+pla+quick+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/monoprice+15365_pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/monoprice+15365_pla+high+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/monoprice+15365_pla+low+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/monoprice+15365_pla+low+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    diff -r 3.0/quality/monoprice+15365_pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg 3.1/quality/monoprice+15365_pla+normal+quality+mp+mini.inst.cfg
    9c9
    < setting_version = 3
    ---
    > setting_version = 4
    Only in 3.1/quality: monoprice%2B15365_fdmextruder_pla%2Blow%2Bquality%2Bmp%2Bmini.inst.cfg

The upgrader works as follows;

It checks if there are older files. If there are, it copies the files into the folder of it's current version and attempts to upgrade that.

If you want to "re-do" the upgrade, delete the 3.1 folder.