When Cura3.1 two-color printing, the path will trace back to the origin

yuhong0523

Posted · When Cura3.1 two-color printing, the path will trace back to the origin

Hi All

There is a problem that bothers me.

When Cura3.1(3.0.4 also...) two-color printing, the many path will trace back to the origin. But Cura2.3 does not....

As long as the print back to the origin, and then went to the print coordinates, the nozzle will be offset, so I can not understand why two-color printing process, the print track will return to the origin?

How to solve this problem?

Plz help me, Thanks.

2017-12-07_120010.thumb.jpg.351ebe4bd1fb803c6c83a7d7caca89b8.jpg

2017-12-07_113658.thumb.jpg.16c855469db587cd5ecf767dbd60f0b4.jpg

2017-12-07_113950.thumb.jpg.8966910fed7bf9f22d80d510931d02e2.jpg

Posted · When Cura3.1 two-color printing, the path will trace back to the origin

I am not sure what you mean by 'origin.'  When I do any dual extrusion prints, The print head moves to the area in the back right corner (facing the printer) where it can change nozzles. It will stay there until it is properly primed and ready to print. If you are referring to the point that it first primes the first blob at the beginning of the printing with each nozzle (front of machine facing you at the opening on the left and right), that would be behaviour I am not familiar with.

I am printing on a UM3X. Is your printer an Ultimaker or a third party printer?

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · When Cura3.1 two-color printing, the path will trace back to the origin

The gcode script for nozzle change for the Ultimaker 3 is also used on the third party printer, I think this should be excluded from this printers.

This also happens in the 3.2beta.

Edited by amagro

Posted (edited) · When Cura3.1 two-color printing, the path will trace back to the origin

Hi Kmanstudios

The "origin" means the coordinate (X0,Y0).

I used Cura3.2.1 to test, in the dual nozzle printing, there will still be three blue lines trace back to the origin of X0Y0.

This does not seem plausible in layering...

2018-02-21_093659.thumb.jpg.145b5e01cf40239ae58a427f2f713ebe.jpg

But if it is a single nozzle print, there will only be a beginning blue track, which is normal print.

2018-02-21_093554.thumb.jpg.01fbf8458c6720bf16de6ad1e77ee577.jpg

2018-02-21_092849.jpg

Edited by yuhong0523

2 minutes ago, yuhong0523 said:

Hi Kmanstudios

The "origin" means the coordinate (X0,Y0).

I used Cura3.2.1 to test, in the dual nozzle printing, there will still be three blue lines trace back to the origin of X0Y0.

This does not seem plausible in layering...

2018-02-21_093659.thumb.jpg.145b5e01cf40239ae58a427f2f713ebe.jpg

But if it is a single nozzle print, there will only be a beginning blue track, which is normal print.

2018-02-21_093554.thumb.jpg.01fbf8458c6720bf16de6ad1e77ee577.jpg

On 2018/1/31 at 11:11 PM, amagro said:

The gcode script for nozzle change for the Ultimaker 3 is also used on the third party printer, I think this should be excluded from this printers.

This also happens in the 3.2beta.

Hi Amagro

How to exclude the gcode script for nozzle change for the Ultimaker 3 from third-party printers?
    I am willing to try this method may be able to solve my problems.

Please guide me.

Change the layer start coordinates to near the prime tower position.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_2.jpg