Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
foleybot

Unloading and loading material- No cancellation

Today i ran into a problem that took FOREVERR!!!!
My PVA filament got stuck in my drive gear

While attempting to reverse the filament out of the extruder, it wasnt coming out. When the gear was finished reversing, My machine then asked me to load the new filament, all while the filament was still stuck in the extruder and drive gear. so i had to turn my machine off and on. HORRIBLE FOR IT!!!!

There was no way to exit or cancel and home the head just like how my UM2+ have.

Does anyone else run into this problem? is this a firmware issue???

Love my Ultimaker machines I have 4 of them. Visited the lab in Utrecht where it all began and im forever team ultmaker!!

yaaahoooo

IMG_9603.JPG

I don't let the machine insert nor remove filament automatically ever.  I just pull it out or slide it in by hand.  And then if I changed material (e.g. pla to abs) then I tell the machine afterwards.  Get the wedgebot - you'll find it the most useful thing to print for your UM3:

https://www.youmagine.com/designs/wedgebot-for-ultimaker2

So did you get it sorted out?  Did you have to remove the bowden at one end or the other?  Did you have to take the feeder apart?

• Like 2