Cura Connect not working now

kmanstudios

Posted · Cura Connect not working now

For some reason I keep getting the message that says "This printer is not set up to host a group of Ultimaker 3 Printers."

It just stopped working.

Printer says it is connected. Cura will let me see print jobs.

Blasted Cura off the computer and reinstalled, ran wifi setup again and Cura lets me see print jobs, but will not let me print.

Blasted Cura again, reinstalled, ran wifi setup again, changed printer name this time and it still says the same thing.

I rebooted computer and printer several times during this process.

Up until this happened just shortly ago, it was working just fine.

I am lost.

I did get a file saved to USB stick and am printing out a test file, but wow......I have no idea how this happened.

No idea really but wondering if perhaps Windows Update if you are on Windows? I have suffered a number of "breakages" from W10 update including inkject printer loss of connectivity even though the laptop and printer are both connected to the same wifi network.

Posted (edited) · Cura Connect not working now

Sounds like a problem that was fixed already some time ago.

What is your current firmware version number?

Is it possible you executed the "Cura Connect reset" menu item on the printer?

We did have an issue there where the printer did not add itself to the list of authenticated printers after the reset (Jira reference CL-560).

I suggest you update the firmware in your printer to the latest stable version, currently v4.2.5

After the update it might be possible you have to execute the "Cura Connect reset" menu item one more time.

Edited by Indy31

@yellowshark, the system is a Win 8.1 and I have it set to manually notify me of updates so I can choose when to update. I know that should not be the issue as it worked after doing updates late last week.

@Indy31, I will check that as soon as the print that is running is finished. I think I am on the latest as it notified me to update about a week or so back.

I had to purchase a copy of Win 8.1 to wipe it out. The only thing is that some newer machines need it because of changes in hardware. I am not a big fan of Win 10 precisely for the reasons of control they now exert.

OK, so I checked, latest version of firmware after all. :+1: I thought I was because I always update it when the printer tells me to.

But I had never heard of the Cura Connect Reset before. I just never needed it. I guess I got lucky. But, I used that, restarted Cura and all was good in noobland..... Thanks!!  :+1::+1:

Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem.

Thank you for the answer. Worked for me too!

Just had this problem with my brand new UM3 ext.

Latest firmware and latest Cura were installed...

I have two prints that were timed to finish  up at about the same time because I lost Cura connect again. It seems to be when I updated Windows 8.1 while the machines were printing. Dunno, but that sucks LOL I had jobs all sliced and queued.......:'(

Wow....I cannot get Cura Connect to connect at all. It says it is connected and then disconnects. I am wondering if the latest firefox update did something. That was updated right after my system updates were done. When Cura connect is setting up in the browser, firefox tells me I need to log onto a network....dunno why, never did before. So, for the moment, back to USBs.....

Could you share the logs of your machine with me? You can get them through maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Dump logs to USB.

As far as I know, your browser shouldn't have any influence on this. If it's both your browser and Cura that isn't playing well with cura connect, it's probably Cura Connect software thats at fault here.

I will dump the logs when my current print is finished in10 hours. It was jut weird. Never saw things like that before. I will also try to go through the process and provide screenshots as well so you have as much info as possible.

watch...it will work now LOL

If the mere threat of diagnostics makes the printer behave I also did my job ;)

6 minutes ago, nallath said:

If the mere threat of diagnostics makes the printer behave I also did my job ;)

Exactly!! And for that we would be grateful!!

Well, shoot...even did a firmware upgrade and it did not work. Here is the picture book version of events:

Ran Wifi Setup from scratch and this popped up.

01_ConnectToWIFI.thumb.jpg.48568607a02533c1b3d3f202e15612da.jpg

And it told me to run Wifi Setup. But I do not remember seeing that warning I hilited...could be wrong though.....

02_StartWifiSetup.thumb.jpg.c772bf827bfae5e1d0de78cffd28d861.jpg

It says it is complete......

03_SaysComplete.thumb.jpg.85f14e39f959d3df9ef1a8495374ab43.jpg

Now, I start Cura...HUZZZZAAAAHHHHH....woopsie.......

04_YesNo.thumb.jpg.b05ce27d7ccb94311f7b3da7fe9ec4f8.jpg

But...but...it says it is there!! Why?!?!?!?!?!:'(

05_ItSaysItIsThere.thumb.jpg.bc7fed46a6d140f9271fe3a3781cd1a1.jpg

I hit refresh...hoping it will do its thang right and.......welllll.......:'(:'(:'(:'(

06_Ooops_HitRefreshByeBye.thumb.jpg.6148d9c1bb8cbdbb925c5be94b7081e4.jpg

I am really at a loss. Here are the log files. There may be duplicates, but I included them to be as thorough as possible.

Edited by kmanstudios
    typelexia

Hmm. This is really weird. I don't see anything in the logs that might indicate this. Have you also tried using the manual IP connection? It could be that your network is eating up the discovery messages.

Do you mean using the 192.168.1.3 type of listing and manual connection? If so, yes. And, I live in weird land.....this does not surprise me LOL

Yep. So the manual connection does work?

It does not. Sorry for the bad explanation......

I just meant that 'yes' I have tried. It just tells me that the printer is not responding.

Oh and just to be clear, I have set both printers to cura reset cleaning the whole system out (I think) as well as trying to use the IP address attempt on both and cura does not see them. I have changed names of printers just to see if that worked and it did not.

The last time I tried anything, I painted a pentagon in virgin goats blood and danced naked amongst candles and that did not work either.....;p

So onwards to the "shit we need to rule out"; Is it doing the same thing when you are connecting the machine by cable? By the looks of it, something is causing a bunch of requests to the printer to be dropped. This is why Cura can connect with the machine, but changes to "Cant't find it, lol" mode after a while (Cura is set up in such a way that if it sent 5 requests (eg; 10 seconds) without any answer coming back) that it considers the connection to be lost.

Edited by nallath

I have not tried the USB cable approach. But, that will have to wait until I can get a USB long enough.

No i mean network cable. It might be a wifi issue.

Oh....ok....I still need to get one.