Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Karras

Last layer issue

Hi

I've recently reset printer to factory values, adjusted feeder pressure due to some underextrusion problems and solved uneven belt tension. Overall quality of print increased, but there's a new problem with he last layer. It seems like an overextrusion just in the very last point of the last layer. Usin an ultimaker 2 with PLA and firmware is updated.

Is there any value to adjust?
Thanks

IMG_20180117_104302.jpg

Hello,

Did you ever figure out this problem?  My machine just started this same issue today on a UM2Go and can't figure out what changed.  I've been trying to print the "stock" code that came with the printer on the SD card, so it should be the same as previous prints, but every print from the card now has this bugger on the last layer when the print has all but finished the print.  It occurs just before the head moves back to home.  It seems to try to spit out a lot of filament at once, very fast, and in turn, it grinds out the filament in the feeder at the spot where it meets the feeder motor.  Since it grinds down that spot, it now can not advance the filament and I have to clear the jam every time.

I have not updated any firmware or done any resets that I know of, but I did connect it via OctoPrint.  That shouldn't have any affect, since I'm not using OctoPrint to actually slide my files.  I actually haven't sliced anything.  I'm using gcode that came with the printer as a baseline.  Once I open up the gcode from the card, I'll find the last few commands sent before it goes to home.

Anyone else have any ideas?

TIA

This is a recent known bug.  3 things have to happen together for this to happen.  If you fix ANY of the 3 things this bug will go away.  Hundreds of people had this problem.  You can either:

1) Go to the latest version of cura or the version before from a few weeks ago (I think version 3.2.0 or newer).

2) Add lots of large comments at the end of every gcode file (latest curas will do this).  About 20 lines of 80 characters is plenty.

3) Update to the latest um2go firmware

Any of these 3 things will fix the problem.  

whoops....  

1st,  I mean *effect, not affect.  ....was typing too fast & didn't catch my mistake because I didn't proofread.😳

2nd, I've seen some other posts about "blobs" and firmware.  Could this be a firmware update issue?  I didn't do a firmware update, but I have 2.6.2.

3rd, What is the initial  firmware for UM2Go?

1 minute ago, gr5 said:

This is a recent known bug.  3 things have to happen together for this to happen.  If you fix ANY of the 3 things this bug will go away.  Hundreds of people had this problem.  You can either:

1) Go to the latest version of cura or the version before from a few weeks ago (I think version 3.2.0 or newer).

2) Add lots of large comments at the end of every gcode file (latest curas will do this).  About 20 lines of 80 characters is plenty.

3) Update to the latest um2go firmware

Any of these 3 things will fix the problem.  

Great.  Thank you for the fast response.  I did just find some other posts mentioning this blob.  I must have been typing my 2nd post as you were replying.

However, I did not to a firmware update so that part is a bit weird that it started happening all of sudden.

I am on 2.6.2 now, so will go get the updates.

Thanks again

Edited by adsparkme

14 hours ago, gr5 said:

Out of curiosity, what is the technical background reason for this?