Firmware upload problem

federgarrido

Posted · Firmware upload problem

Hi Alexander, 

From you screenshots it looks like you are behind some sort of proxy that requires a login ("http://10.10.10.10/login.html?redirect= "). Are you on a network that requires a login before using the internet, e.g when using your phone? 

And how did you proceed downloading the latest firmware for the UM3, i.e. what files did you put on the USB stick from where? 

Kind regards, 

Raymond.

Hi Raymond

I'm in that companys network with firewall and login but the job-transfering works and i tought update via USB-Stick must run anyway.

For USB update i downloaded the latest Firmware a few days ago the day i posted and before the last one (the latest two where tested)

According to Ultimaker.com guide i downloaded the latest.tar.tar and latest.tar.xz.tar (56994 and 1 kB) from the official Ultimaker site.

I did it with different Versions and different USB Stick and i downloaded the files many times.

It doesn't even seem to look at the USB Stick it just says "no Firmware found" quickly.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Should be "latest.tar.xz" and "latest.tar.xz.sig"

I'm guessing you did that step right but double check the names of the files.

Probably the printer can't read your USB stick at all.  You could put a file on there called a.gcode (doesn't matter what it contains) and go to the print menu to see if it sees your file.  If not it probably can't read *anything* on the USB stick.  Maybe find another USB stick and don't format it.  Or format it for FAT32.

• Like 1

fyi, the sig file is a cryptographic signature of the main file.  If the sig file doesn't match the main file then the printer won't install it.  This prevents accidental bricking of the printer and prevents 3rd parties from creating simple firmware installers for the UM3.

Posted (edited) · Firmware upload problem

I printed allready many Jobs over USB so i guess this can't be the problem. Also tried many usb-sticks for the update.

Why then are my files not correctly named, when i just download them and put them on the stick. No different versions at the first try. Just did what i was advised to.

I now renamed the files, but have to wait till tomorrow to test it, because im printing actually a larger Job.

Thanks for the help so far.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Edited by visu-al

Posted (edited) · Firmware upload problem

Hi Alexander,

If you are downloading the files on a Windows machine it could be that you have "hide extension for known filenames enabled" and therefore you are not viewing the proper extension and it could be you saved it with the wrong extension. If i download the latest version now, my filenames are correct. Since you are doing a long print we can at least test the following without updating the printer yet:

- If you are running Windows, make sure you have "extensions turned on", see: http://kb.winzip.com/kb/entry/26/ or https://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-file-extensions-in-windows

- Then re-download the files from here: https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/23129-updating-the-firmware, check that the filenames are correct. 

Kind regards, 

Raymond.

Edited by rsiudak