Restarting print job after cancelling

MostlyHarmless

Posted · Restarting print job after cancelling

I'm using Cura 3.1 (final, not beta) and saving gcode to micro SD card for an MP Select Mini v2.  When I cancel my print job and then restart it, the print head on my printer travels all the way to right and then starts making a ratcheting sound like it wants to keep going further to the right, past the limits of the arm.  I'm wondering if it's something in my gcode, because I have tried reducing the size of the print bed in Cura to 118mm (from 120mm) but it still does it.  Not sure if this is a Cura issue or not, but the gcode worked in version 15 of Cura.

Here's my gcode settings that I got from the MP Mini wiki:

Start GCode:

G28 ;home all axes
G1 Z0.2 F1200 ;raise nozzle
G92 E0 ;reset extrusion distance
G1 X100 Y0 E12 F600 ;purge nozzle
G92 E0 ;reset extrusion distance

End GCode: 

M104 S0 ; turn off hotend/extruder heater
M140 S0 ; turn off bed heater
G91 ; set to relative positioning
G1 E-2 F300 ; retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle to release some of the pressure
G1 Z1 ; raise Z 1mm from current position
G1 E-2 F300 ; retract filament even more
G90 ; set to absolute positioning
G1 X20 ; move X axis close to tower but hopefully far enough to keep the fan from rattling
G1 Y120 ; move bed forward for easier part removal
M84 ; disable motors
G4 S360 ; keep fan running for 360 seconds to cool hotend and allow the fan to be turned off - adjust to your needs
M107 ; turn off fan. Don't use M106 S1. Some say M107 doesn't work for them but if the hotend is below 70 degrees it should work

• 3 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• Introducing Universal Cura Projects in the UltiMaker Cura 5.7 beta
        Strap in for the first Cura release of 2024! This 5.7 beta release brings new material profiles as well as cloud printing for Method series printers, and introduces a powerful new way of sharing print settings using printer-agnostic project files! Also, if you want to download the cute dinosaur card holder featured below, it was specially designed for this release and can be found on Thingiverse! 
        • 10 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies