Vase Mode Issue

Kruno3D

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

the top picture is 3.1, the bottom picture 3.2, showing the differences between the 'per model settings'

The per model settings override the settings on the right, so your WaterCan settings are set in the main window, could be that you need some support higher up as well.

I am really curious what the 3.2 result is with the adaptive layer heights, it chooses the best layer height compared to the angle of the model, and saves a lot of time.

Don't know why the support doesn't show in your Cura, but you might want to try out the beta..

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

That's awesome! 

Now I can finally make custom support structure and print as I wish.

Yes I have UM2, so I'll stick to beta version till official 3,2 comes out.

One more question, hopefully last :D

Sometimes regarding Cura options I have trouble Importing cura profiles. Any solution to that? Can I manually add profiles to Cura installed folder or something like that?

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

You can. But it got to be such a pain to constantly loading them that I just started using project files for holding all settings without worry of having giant lists of profiles to choose from. I just make a dummy from a file i like. Clean out the geometry and just save it with a name that makes sense.

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

For print profiles:

1. Go to the tab that selects which layering you wish to use and click on the arrow on the side
    2. Go down to the 'Manage Profiles
    3. This will open that specific profile manager and you will see import

For Material Profiles:

1. Go to the material choice and click on the side arrow like above
    2. Got down to manage materials
    3. This will open the specific materials profiles and allow you to import the material profiles

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

Thanks, but this method is exactly what isn't working.

I import profile, Cura say it's imported but profile and settings don't show under Custom profiles.

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

yeah, that is the thing made me just go to making project files. That and the hassle of always exporting and importing.

Not sure what to help you with on that one.....sorry...:|

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

@kmanstudios no worries, you helped a lot, thanks mate ;)

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

@Kruno3D My pleasure. :)

Posted · Vase Mode Issue

@kmanstudios

@peggyb

btw I have polished model, now it's more print friendly, and since you 2 have helped me a lot, I'm gona share it with you.

Feel free to print it :)

Water Can v34.stl

• Like 1

Posted · Vase Mode Issue
    3 minutes ago, Kruno3D said:

@kmanstudios

@peggyb

btw I have polished model, now it's more print friendly, and since you 2 have helped me a lot, I'm gona share it with you.

Feel free to print it :)

Water Can v34.stl

Why, tank yew veddy much ol' bean :)

• Like 1