MakerJ

Cura3.1 Unable to save gcode: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'gcode_list'

Posted · Cura3.1 Unable to save gcode: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'gcode_list'

Hello,

I just installed Cura 3.1 and all attempts to slice and save a gcode file have unsuccessful. I am not sure how to resolve this. I've tried with many simple files. The error is:

Could not save... 'Scene' object has no attribute 'gcode_list'

Thanks!

Posted · Cura3.1 Unable to save gcode: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'gcode_list'

Could you also share your logs?

7 hours ago, nallath said:

Could you also share your logs?

Here you go. Thank you for your help!

cura.log

G-code list is new in Cura 3.2. Are you using a plugin in 3.1 that's intended for 3.2? (for example the OctoPrint version that was moved to the plugin browser?).

2 hours ago, ctbeke said:

G-code list is new in Cura 3.2. Are you using a plugin in 3.1 that's intended for 3.2? (for example the OctoPrint version that was moved to the plugin browser?).

Thanks for the suggestion. This is an out of the box install. I haven't installed any additional plugins aside from what already comes installed. That being said, looking at the list of plugins that comes pre-installed, they are all enabled(box is checked). 

9 hours ago, ctbeke said:

G-code list is new in Cura 3.2.

No it is not.

gcode_list is what it was until Cura 3.2. In Cura 3.2 it was refactored to gcode_dict (to support multiple buildplates)

Omg you're totally right, it's the other way around. My bad, brainfart.

So it tries to access the G-code before it's generated (or correctly stored in the Scene). I'm not sure why though...

Unable to save gcode: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'gcode_list':  It does that when the project is not yet sliced.

3 hours ago, DSX76 said:

Unable to save gcode: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'gcode_list':  It does that when the project is not yet sliced.

Doh.....I feel like an idiot now. 

You shouldn't be able to click "save" or "print" though when it's not sliced.

28 minutes ago, ctbeke said:

No, not with the dedicated button; that will say 'Prepare'. But you can (at least try to) save it from the menu 'File -> Save As...' and select either *.gcode or *.stl, which obviously will result in this error message. 

40 minutes ago, ctbeke said:

It was totally operator error on my part. To reproduce the issue, I just simply load the .stl file, then go to Save As and select .gcode as the Save as Type. I wasn't actually clicking on Prepare to initiate the slicing. :facepalm:

There's a point to be made about not having gcode (or other sliced output) as an output option in Save As. Save As... and saving the sliced output should be separated, because they are two quite different things.