How to use cura3.1 print cage model successfully?

zyc1155

Posted · How to use cura3.1 print cage model successfully?

Recently I bought a new printer, using the cage model test find that with the same parameter settings, cura3.1’s printing will always knock down one of the pillars, and with cura15.04 you can print successfully.

After comparing the gcode files they generated, I found that the problem was that cura3.1 moved to the start of the next layer when the layer was converted, and then rising one level, causing the nozzle to knock down the pillar at the starting point; and cura15.04 moves up to the next level of the starting point while rising one level. Here is the picture of codes in two versions(left is 15.04 and right is 3.1) :

1.thumb.png.bdceb88318bb32a54904f2143d59bfdf.png

I tried to modify the various parameters of 3.1, but still can’t achieve the same moving as 15.04. Is there anyone telling me why developers let “moving to the starting point while rising layer” into two steps? What are the advantages? Now I can only found the downside: the nozzle scratches the support and knocks down the model.

Of course, the most important thing is: Can you guys use cura3.1 print a cage model successfully? Who can tell me how to set the parameters so that the nozzle doesn’t knock down the model?( Of course not z hop when retracted, a waste of time.)

Thanks for help.

2.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies