hoegge

Please: Make rotation work (right)

Posted · Please: Make rotation work (right)

think I have found the solution to this. was having the same issue with the centre point of the orbit at the back of the bed.

Settings > General > Viewport Behavior > Centre Camera when item is selected.

Now, after I click on the model, it orbits around that model.

Works with 'Zoom towards mouse' either on or off

Well, the 3D navigation still should get a major overhaul. It is very primitive, clumsy and slow

Glad to hear about the work around.

If it can't be fixed, can you pop up a window when your model shoots off the end of the screen telling people to turn off the mouse-zoom option? :-P

That's in jest, but honestly if there's a known problem with a known workaround, DO put it in tooltips or something - I don't want to hop on one foot while using your package, but if it'll save me a day of messing around then I'll do it if someone tells me it works.

I use a wacom and have finally figured out how to finally zoom in an out and pan using the pen so rotation or anything else is no longer a problem. Using shift and ctrl with pen clicks (mouse clicks) gives me all the control i need now. Not sure if that will work for non wacom users but should do?

2 hours ago, cloakfiend said:

Using shift and ctrl with pen clicks (mouse clicks) gives me all the control i need now. Not sure if that will work for non wacom users but should do?

Thats the way I use it on my MacBook Touchpad. The behavior in Fusion 360 is better in my opinion, but I got used to it in Cura and it works for the few things I do there.

• Like 1

Thats good to know. As i have a mac laptop too with no mouse. The navigation in cura is not ideal, but its like zbrush. Its ok once you get the hang of it. I only have ctrl, shift, alt and space on my wacom tablet so those keys and a mouse/pen/touchpad is all you should need. Id rather prioritise alternate functions in support generation or other stuff in cura rather than rotation personally. But thats because i figured out the interface.