Hello from Switzerland

znib

Posted · Hello from Switzerland

Hello from Solothurn, Switzerland!

I ordered my Ultimaker kit yesterday, and today I already got the e-mail saying my order was shipped. Wow! That was MUCH faster than I expected! :-D

Now I'm in the "watching the DHL tracker"-phase, hoping it won't get stuck at customs for too long...

Cheers

Marco

Hello,

Nice ! same for me Znib I ordre it the 11 and the delivery is on the way :)

Hope you are close to the French border for a meeting :D

Best making for you printer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoi

Bin aus der Nähe von Aarau und spiele mit dem Gedanken ein Ultimaker Kit zu kaufen.

Wie sind deine Erfahrungen so bis jetzt ?

Gruss Alain

Hallo Alain,

Wie sind deine Erfahrungen so bis jetzt ?

Meine Erfahrungen bis jetzt sind: Es macht Spass! :-) Man muss aber gerne basteln.

Erst mal natürlich zum bauen des Ultimakers, dann aber auch um ihn zu verbessern. Meiner konnte z.B. out of the box keine runden Löcher drucken, es gab immer Elipsen. Also habe ich mir die belt tensioner ausgedruckt und montiert um die langen Riemen zu spannen. Danach waren die runden Löcher nicht mehr Elipsen, sonder eher Quardate mit abgerundeten Ecken. Also habe ich mir die belt tensioner für die kurzen Riemen gedruckt, jetzt sind die Löcher endlich rund. Beim drucken der belt tensioner für die kurzen Riemen hat es dann angefangen, dass der bowden tube immer raussprang. Also habe ich mir eine "bowden clamp" ausgedruckt. Im Moment ist alles ok, und ich konnte einen 1.5 Stunden Druck ohne Probeme absolvieren.

Um eigene Dinge zu entwerfen und drucken muss man sich in ein Programm einarbeiten, mit dem man 3D Modelle erstellen kann. Ich habe das zu erst mit SketchUp gemacht, und bin mittlerweilen auf FreeCAD umgestiegen.

Das braucht halt alles Zeit, was man sich schon bewusst sein sollte.

Hi all!

Just did my very first print and I am SO loving the Ultimaker!!!

THANK YOU ULTIMAKING LTD *hail*

While the result isn't nearly as good as it can get, it didn't fail and it doesn't have many bad flaws. Just the antennas at the top melted on me, probably too hot (220°C) and not enough cooling / layer time...

Note that I did not change any settings at all, just changed the default setting to "high quality print" and hit the print button right away from the first start screen :D

IMAG0153IMAG0155

The second robot is already printing at slightly changed settings and 1.5 times the size. Will update when it's done... ;)

About me:

I'm from Zürich, Switzerland. Just turned 26 (the UM was my birthday present to myself :) ). I work as an electronics engineer (no academic degree though) at Felsenmeer AG where I develop lone-worker protection systems (google our website if you're interested).

I made an apprenticeship at Besi Switzerland (used to be Esec AG) where I learned a LOT about industrial machines (Die-Bonding equipment, epoxy as well as soft-solder). These machines aren't so different to an Ultimaker. Of course a lot more complex and expensive, but basically the systems are surprisingly similar. So no wonder that I love the UM so much :D

What I'm gonna want to make...

...for the company:

* Prototype / concept cases for our product

* Maybe even a final series production of a product I just designed (very low volume production / year so it might just be perfect)

* live-size models of circuit boards for our products

...for myself:

* Anything I like on thingiverse :shock:

* Whatever I need to improve the UM

* When all is done, I'll start a project building (functional) robot-toys with advanced electronics and cool 3D-printed bodies :D (Maybe this will go on YouMagine...)

Greetings from Zürich!

Jonny