Material Flow Setting

Camel

Posted · Material Flow Setting

Can you be a little bit more specific in your question/comment? Are you asking something, or informing us? What 3D printer are you talking about and/or what version of Cura are you using? Thanks! 

Ultimaker 3

Cura 3.1

Start a dual extruder print, select Tune, change Extruder 1's material flow.  Return.  Go into Extruder 2, notice the material flow is now changed.  If that's intentional, it doesn't seem like its a per-extruder setting.  Did I do something wrong?

I would like to know why myself. I noticed way back in my early start a year ago when I was just pushing buttons. Got some bad results though when the main filament needed a bit of oomph and the PVA was doing fine until I upped the flow. I did take note of what worked and started to use Cura to make that change if needed. But on the fly it had some odd results.

32 minutes ago, Marco_TvM said:

This is by design, so not a bug.

I think @Daid might shed some light as to why.

Would be great to understand the rationale behind this.

Since my initial thought would be it makes more sense to be able to adjust the flow individually per extruder,
    not for both at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, Marco_TvM said:

If you want to use different speeds tho, you can use the settings in Cura to make it so.

Which would not help during a print already running, right?

Ok, some more info.

Not entirely by design, but because of Marlin...

Marlin only supports one speed for flow speed for all possible extruders. There is an issue on the backlog to fix this, but it's not a priority right now.

25 minutes ago, Bossler said:

Which would not help during a print already running, right?

No it would not. I do see your point, but fixing this is not yet on our board of things to do soon(tm).

Thanks, gents!  Knowing to leave those bits alone is enough for now.  'Preciate the speedy feedback.