Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Camel

Material Flow Setting

Ultimaker 3

Cura 3.1

Start a dual extruder print, select Tune, change Extruder 1's material flow.  Return.  Go into Extruder 2, notice the material flow is now changed.  If that's intentional, it doesn't seem like its a per-extruder setting.  Did I do something wrong?

I would like to know why myself. I noticed way back in my early start a year ago when I was just pushing buttons. Got some bad results though when the main filament needed a bit of oomph and the PVA was doing fine until I upped the flow. I did take note of what worked and started to use Cura to make that change if needed. But on the fly it had some odd results.

32 minutes ago, Marco_TvM said:

This is by design, so not a bug.

I think @Daid might shed some light as to why.

Would be great to understand the rationale behind this.

Since my initial thought would be it makes more sense to be able to adjust the flow individually per extruder,
not for both at the same time. 

32 minutes ago, Marco_TvM said:

If you want to use different speeds tho, you can use the settings in Cura to make it so.

Which would not help during a print already running, right?