Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Lelorrain

Noisy retraction UM3

Hi there !

I got a new UM3 last week. So far I'am very satisfied but something is bothering me.

During a retraction there is a noise like a bip and I don't know if it is normal or not. Retraction speed 25mm/s distance 5mm with PLA extruder 200°. Gcode generated with Cura. See video.

Thanks for your help !

David

I dunno. But, I can tell you this: My UM3E was the first 3D printer I ever had or been around, So, I just sorta assumed that was the way it is supposed to be. It may be because of the very quick speeds it operates at. Sorry I ain't gots more to give on this one. It has just been a constant in my experience.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Our picks

• Architect Design Contest | Vehicles.
      We're open for entries! - Design and submit your 3D designs of architectural entourage - vehicles - for a chance to win a large filament pack. Presenting an idea, an architectural design or something as big as an urban project isn't easy. A scaled model can really help to get your idea across.
      • 14 replies
    • What The DfAM?
      I'm Steve Cox, an experienced engineer familiar with 3D printing. I wanted to share some DfAM guidelines with this community to help and make stronger parts.
      I'm also an Autodesk Certified Instructor for Fusion 360, so many of the images in ...
        • Thanks
      • 18 replies

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!