Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Jessragna

Cura 2.3.1 start-up screen

Posted · Cura 2.3.1 start-up screen

Hi,

I've downloaded Cura 2.3.1 (only option on a Windows 7 32 bit operating system). There didn't seem to be any problem during the installation, but now when I attempt to open the program I get to the set-up screen which asks me to select a printer (I select Ultimaker2+) and then the whole thing crashes. I get a notification box which states 'Cura.exe has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the programme and notify you if a solution is available'.

However if I skip that part of the set-up screen and continue the whole programme works fine until I select a printer - I can open a file and play with settings etc, but as soon as I select 'Ultimaker2+' as my printer the programme crashes the same way.

Is this a problem with windows or Cura? Does anyone have any ideas about ways around this?

Thanks!

Posted · Cura 2.3.1 start-up screen

Could you try updating your GPU drivers? Until you have added (or selected a previously created) printer, that's the first time Cura tries to draw the printer mesh and the buildplate checkerboard. It would be my guess that your GPU(-driver) has an issue with the buildplate checkerboard shader.