Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable

SandervG

Posted · Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable
10 hours ago, nilrog said:

Yes, a better text with a working link to the configuration folder is a lot better.

But, if Cura already crashed/failed to use the old configuration...what will happen when the user starts putting back that same "bad" configuration?

I think there should be an explanation somewhere, either in the folder itself or in the user manual, explaining how to do it to find out which configuration is 'bad'. Put one file at a time and restart Cura until it bugs/crashes which will show which configuration file is bad. Or something like that. Else the user will be stuck in an endless cycle.

Completely unrelated: Cura -> Ressources -> Images -> kitten.jpg  :'D

2 hours ago, Brulti said:

I think there should be an explanation somewhere, either in the folder itself or in the user manual, explaining how to do it to find out which configuration is 'bad'.

If it were easy to explain, it would be easy to fix programmatically.

The problem is that lots of these files are interdependent. So restoring one of the files is going to do more harm then good, even if the file by itself has not errors in it.

cura 3.2.1 crash after restart computer. And lost all settings

19 hours ago, ahoeben said:

If it were easy to explain, it would be easy to fix programmatically.

The problem is that lots of these files are interdependent. So restoring one of the files is going to do more harm then good, even if the file by itself has not errors in it.

I will readily admit my mostly complete lack of knowledge about computer programming. But I understanding than  restoring the files one by one if their interdependent isn't a good idea at all.

Isn't there a way to have a test done of those files? I remember a game I played some time ago, Star Trek Online, had a feature on the starter window, before you actually really launch the game, which could let you force a verification of all game files in case the game wouldn't launch or was behaving strangely, like replacing the models of the ship by models of the characters, and thus you saw people as big as starships flying at warp... :'D

I have absolutely no idea of the work that this would involve though, just an idea I just had that I'm throwing out.

On 2/16/2018 at 2:17 AM, ahoeben said:

@Ians it looks like there will be a Cura 3.2.2. There's a new private build that seems to have fixed the remaining issues: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/3277#issuecomment-365911053

This did the job.  I will now go test some "stuff" and see how it all works.

:)

DLC

Posted (edited) · Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable

I installed Cura 3.2.1 on my Mac and encountered the same weird problem as with the Beta version which I already reported back then in the Cura Beta thread:

I did two prints with the Beta 3.2.0 and an odd thing happened at the end of both: the printer nozzle was pressing down on the build for a couple of seconds before retracting, grinding the filament in the process, leaving the print with a nozzle-impression and some spaghetti on the top. I was using the adaptive layers function in both cases.

Now I did a print of a small pole that will be used for a puzzle game, and upon finishing the print the printer again pushed the nozzle down into the print, leaving a print mark on the top and making funny noises from the extruder. This never happened with Cura 3.1.

Anyone else experience this? Or better yet, anyone know a solution to this strange behavior?

The picture shows the finished peg with the nozzle impression on top of what should be a smooth last layer.

Incidentally, I wasn't using the adaptive layer function this time.

Printed on my Ultimaker 2+.

dowel2.gcode

2018-02-20 21.32.36.jpg

Edited by Tafelspitz
    Orthography

@Tafelspitz i think it comes from the MAC version, maybe it's a coincidence but we have a user in the french community experiencing the same kind of issue. Somehow the print head stay on the print instead of moving out and homing. He's also working on a mac with Cura 3.2

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, Didier. Good to know I'm not alone ;)

I now went back to 3.1 until this problem is sorted.

If I can help in any way to solve this, I'd be glad to.

30 minutes ago, Tafelspitz said:

Thanks for the info, Didier. Good to know I'm not alone ;)

I now went back to 3.1 until this problem is sorted.

If I can help in any way to solve this, I'd be glad to.

Downgrading to 3.1 solved your issue?

I never experienced this issue with 3.1, so I guess it would.

I just finished printing several boxes for game pieces, using Cura 3.2.1, I didn't have that problem. I'm on Win10.

I printed the peg again using the same file I created with Cura 3.2.1 and made a short movie of the end of the print to show you what's actually happening:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2ylrguh7rubgou/C0002.m4v?dl=1

The printer puts on the top layer and then, before retracting and parking the print head, it does this weird action. The extruder shredders the filament in this process, btw.

I also uploaded my mac specs and the printer file in question.

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 19.23.33.png

dowel2.gcode

Edited by Tafelspitz
    Added clarification

3.2.1 crash on start

win7x64

stdout.log

stderr.log

10 minutes ago, digiTALker said:

3.2.1 crash on start

win7x64

stdout.log

stderr.log

cura.log

image.thumb.png.5f6d44bc665e72d5ca809e769c1d25d1.png

Hi.

Version 3.2.1 on win x64.

1)

I noted some discrepancies between same parameters of the same profiles (temperature in this image, but i can highligth others differences)

What are the parameters that the printer actually uses?

Or i don't understand something?

2)

I noted also different name parameters between the two windows (procedure) and also the two windows and cfg files . Is it possible standardize the parameters names?

3)

Suggestion (again): adaptive layer is good as idea if an user can establish range of layers with an user fixed height: for instance layer 23 to 34 height 0.15,and so on..... I think not so difficult to implement.

Thank you

Edited by erman58

On 2/21/2018 at 9:03 AM, DidierKlein said:

Downgrading to 3.1 solved your issue?

Yes, after some prints I can now say with confidence that after downgrading to 3.1 it is again back to normal. Even the yellow peg printed OK after slicing it again with 3.1 :)

Must be an issue with 3.2.

On 23/02/2018 at 7:33 AM, Tafelspitz said:

Yes, after some prints I can now say with confidence that after downgrading to 3.1 it is again back to normal. Even the yellow peg printed OK after slicing it again with 3.1 :)

Must be an issue with 3.2.

Hi, I looked at the dowel2.gcode and cannot see at the end anything that would press down on the part. I also do not see anything to move the nozzle from the part. Could you please post the gcode created by 3.1 so they can be compared. I am interested to see what is different at the very end of the print. I think there could be some stuff missing from the 3.2 gocde?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smartavionics said:

Could you please post the gcode created by 3.1 so they can be compared.

Thank you for looking into it. Here's the part sliced with 3.1. I'm not sure I have all the settings 100% identical to the version created with 3.2, but it mostly should be.

dowel3_1.gcode

BTW, after carefully watching what happens at the end of the 3.2 print, I don't think that the nozzle presses down in this sense. It looks more like the nozzle stays on top of the print and the printer extrudes a blob of plastic on top of it, resulting in the nozzle clogging and the extruder grinding. After that, the print head homes.

Edited by Tafelspitz

I have just installed Cura 3.2.1 and am reprinting small component designs I prepared in Fusion 360, that were printed flawlessly by my UM 2+.

I resliced the designs with the new Cura. Now at the end of each print the UM2+ leaves a 'pimple' of PLA at the final point before retracting....

Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this problem? would like to know how to fix.

Pieter K

This is a recent bug and there are many questions about this.  Did you update your printers firmware recently? Because the firmware that comes with cura 3.2 has this exact bug.

Also mac or pc? Someone seems to think this is a mac only issue but more likely it's the firmware.

1 hour ago, Pieter Kapteijn said:

Now at the end of each print the UM2+ leaves a 'pimple' of PLA at the final point before retracting....

Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, see posts above :fingerscrossed: Welcome to the club.

1 hour ago, gr5 said:

This is a recent bug and there are many questions about this.  Did you update your printers firmware recently? Because the firmware that comes with cura 3.2 has this exact bug.

Also mac or pc? Someone seems to think this is a mac only issue but more likely it's the firmware.

I don't think it's the firmware since it only happens with prints sliced with Cura 3.2 and not with 3.1 on my printer with the same firmware (_2.6.2).