Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable

SandervG

Posted · Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable
5 hours ago, VULCAN said:

Lose AVast for starters. It is garbage. No high end IT people use it at all. Mcaffee, avast, norton, all garbage and basically a virus in themselves. And they sell your info. Kapersky is the only true secure hold out. They won't sell their code to the US OR Russia where they are from. Most IT guys in my industry that requires an insane amount of legitimate system security use Kapersky for anti virus. 

I will take that under advisement. But I do have to say that I do not have to install service packs or anything like that and Cura has never failed to run. So, something in my system must be working. Oh yeah, I also run a few high end graphics packages.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VULCAN said:

Anyhow. I'll fix it myself like I have done with every UM and Cura problem so far. No sense in trying to get help. 

Good to hear you solved it, could you share how it was solved?

9 minutes ago, Msuurmond said:

I think it is more fun to give half information and rant than be proactive like most people here are.

• Like 2

@SandervG:

We are still using a software distribution tool to install Cura on the computers in our education department in our company. The installatoin is completly unattended. This has worked like a charm in the past. But 3.2 comes with "Arduino drivers". This Arduino drivers results in pop-up messages image.png.41cecee458fdbb00ee79232e02716650.png

It would be very nice to have an option (command line switch or something) to disable the installation of this drivers to prevent this pop-up. At the moment I don't see any possibility to decide which parts should be installed without the GUI.

Thanks

Michael

1 hour ago, GrillSgt said:

@SandervG:

We are still using a software distribution tool to install Cura on the computers in our education department in our company. The installatoin is completly unattended. This has worked like a charm in the past. But 3.2 comes with "Arduino drivers". This Arduino drivers results in pop-up messages 

It would be very nice to have an option (command line switch or something) to disable the installation of this drivers to prevent this pop-up. At the moment I don't see any possibility to decide which parts should be installed without the GUI.

Thanks

Michael

Just to be sure, you are using the /s (for silent) when installing?

I can see that the adaptive layers feature might be useful for me.

I nearly always print several different models at the same time.  Some would need adaptive layers and some would not.

Will Cura only use adaptive layers on the models that need it?

Or is the layer height adjusted for the whole layer including models that don't need it?

Thanks

Peter

7 hours ago, GrillSgt said:

@SandervG:

We are still using a software distribution tool to install Cura on the computers in our education department in our company. The installatoin is completly unattended. This has worked like a charm in the past. But 3.2 comes with "Arduino drivers". This Arduino drivers results in pop-up messages image.png.41cecee458fdbb00ee79232e02716650.png

Thanks

Michael

I had this too when I installed CURA on my computer (Win10). I didn't saw it when installing previous versions of CURA.

6 hours ago, Msuurmond said:

Just to be sure, you are using the /s (for silent) when installing?

Yes I do. The rest of the installation works completly silent. I just get pop-ups about the driver installations (three pop-ups at all). And as @Brulti has written, I didn't saw it in the old version (3.0.3). In MSI installers it would be easy to control the components which needs to be installed, but in this NULLSOFT installer I don't see any. The main problem is that Adafruit is not a part of "the trusted publishers" list in Windows. Of course there are workarounds for this but IMHO in most cases the Arduino drivers are simply not needed.

12 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

think it is more fun to give half information and rant than be proactive like most people

Yeah. Cause I'm super excited to help douche nozzle comments like this. Yeah. We did fix it. If you are so rad. Ask your beard. 

Posted (edited) · Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable

I had my programmers tear into Cura and fix it for my specific pipeline. I already have to  pay them to fix your software, not really concerned about making sure all the beards making condescending comments and not helping get help.. so.. no I won't go even further out of my way to make sure they are ok. 

Edited by VULCAN

12 hours ago, Msuurmond said:

3 hours ago, GrillSgt said:

Yes I do. The rest of the installation works completly silent. I just get pop-ups about the driver installations (three pop-ups at all). And as @Brulti has written, I didn't saw it in the old version (3.0.3). In MSI installers it would be easy to control the components which needs to be installed, but in this NULLSOFT installer I don't see any. The main problem is that Adafruit is not a part of "the trusted publishers" list in Windows. Of course there are workarounds for this but IMHO in most cases the Arduino drivers are simply not needed.

14 hours ago, kmanstudios said:

Oh yeah, I also run a few high end graphics packages.

Since I helped you with your virus issue and you just came at me all douchey, maybe YOU could tell me how YOU get all your software to work with it? What Software do YOU consider high end? Pretty "poor description" as everyone "helping" seems to need more.. So.. put up or bail. 

45 minutes ago, VULCAN said:

Since I helped you with your virus issue and you just came at me all douchey, maybe YOU could tell me how YOU get all your software to work with it? What Software do YOU consider high end? Pretty "poor description" as everyone "helping" seems to need more.. So.. put up or bail. 

A) I have NO virus issue. You just ranted about your favorite anti-virus program.

B)Yes, you have very poor communication skills and this is coming from someone with Asperger's. For instance you say you have to install service packs. WTF? I have not seen anything relating to service packs since the bygone days. Are you on XP or what?

C) Just ranting without giving specifics like system, ram, OS, etc is  you not being helpful. Even with all that missing you are the one to choose to get "Douchey" as you so eloquently put it. I saw other people attempt to help and yet you choose to troll them because you cannot solve your own problems. But you are the one blaming everybody else while acting superior.

D) High end...oh I dunno, 3DSMAX, CURA (Which you cannot run at all), Maya, Houdini, Revit, Inventor, Space Claim, Z-Brush, MudBox, 3DCoat..... shall I go on or is this not heigh enough end for you? Oh, and I run a lot of them at the same time. As well as the full Adobe Master Suite of programs.

E) I ain't got nuttin' to put up or bail on a ranting knucklehead. I can get my stuff running no issues.....you cannot.....I think that says it all.... :)

Have a wonderful day in pissy land.....

• Like 5
    • Thanks 1

Hello, since Cura 3.2 the "Filament-Flow" wasn't correct transmitted to the Printer.

Use Cura 3.2 and a Anet E10 connected/printing by USB. Filament-Setup means flow 125%, after start printing, Printer means 100%.

Anyone else the same problem?

On 7-2-2018 at 6:29 PM, osmunda said:

Hi,

Octoprint plugin does not work

image.png.4f8a8c2ea27c0b0ae73b0b3f595376e6.png

Haven't had problems with this plugin.

5 hours ago, SCHNittER said:

Hello, since Cura 3.2 the "Filament-Flow" wasn't correct transmitted to the Printer.

AFAIK it was never different. Cura (and any other slicer that i know) uses it's own flow setting to calculate the volume of the used material (the moves of the e-axis).

The "Flow" setting on the printer is completely independent and works in addition to that.

The slicer does not generate any M221 commands (extrusion multiplier) into the gcode. If you really want that, you can put it in the start script.

First impressions was not so great...Cura 3.2.0 just downloaded...and crashes on first launch...OS X 10.11.6. Tried "Backup and reset configuration" and then it launched.

Never used any 3.x beta on this MacBook.

16 hours ago, nilrog said:

First impressions was not so great...Cura 3.2.0 just downloaded...and crashes on first launch...OS X 10.11.6. Tried "Backup and reset configuration" and then it launched.

Never used any 3.x beta on this MacBook.

We have a 3.2.1 version planned in a few days. PM me if you would like to test it :)

I'm having trouble with Cura 3.2. The short version is that it keeps freezing and crashing and I need help diagnosing the cause of the crash. I've looked at 

C:\Users\starbuck\AppData\Roaming\cura\stderr.log

and 

C:\Users\starbuck\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.2\cura.log

but I cannot find anything useful.

Thanks in advance.

The short version does not give us anything to go on. Can you give us a slightly longer version? And perhaps make the logs available for inspection?

Let me try to explain. I'm running Cura 3.2 on Windows 10 Enterprise (16GB RAM and Intel i7-7820HQ). I just attempted to make it crash by loading 3 fairly large models (STLs are 40-70MB each). I have the setting on to click "Prepare" to slice. Starting in "Solid View", I can arrange the models, set settings, etc, then click "Prepare" and quickly move to "Layer View" at the same time. As it is slicing, I'll try to orbit the models and Cura freezes with (Not Responding) at the window bar. Task Manager showed CuraEngine running at high CPU for a few seconds after Cura said Not Responding which means it probably successfully sliced the models, but Cura crashed.

It does not freeze every time I do this, so trying to make it freeze on purpose took a solid few minutes for me.

Here are the stderr.log and cura.log files I mentioned beforehand: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ftUPO_1sKdDQv9rpniQhuF2k5jKrA3oe?usp=sharing

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Msuurmond said:

We have a 3.2.1 version planned in a few days. PM me if you would like to test it :)

Thanks, but I assume that whatever issue I had was "fixed" by Cura when it "deleted" my configuration and started over from scratch. So there isn't much more for me to test since the app launced on the second attempt

I just wanted to report that there was an issue with the app, because the behavior is not good.

On 2/7/2018 at 11:13 AM, leliep said:

The nasty scrambled-font-problem is there again with Cura 3.2 on my MacOS 10.13.3 version.

Me too.  Almost everything on the "Prepare" page has to be "pattern matched" to be understood.

OSX 10.13.3

DLC

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 9.24.46 PM.png

Posted (edited) · Welcome to Ultimaker Cura 3.2 | Stable

**Update: Could you try this version: https://stack.mybacklog.info/s/LDltcUP2BXur7AZ

Edited by Msuurmond

One question. We can put down model under the table for cuting part of model. And we cat put up model (fly up the table) but cura can't make support for this model. Some time need make print on support for best qualiti. 

52 minutes ago, mrSEADEMON said:

We can put down model under the table for cuting part of model. And we cat put up model (fly up the table) but cura can't make support for this model.

I am not sure I get what you are saying, but check out the "Remove empty first layers" setting (use the search above the custom settings). If you uncheck that setting, CuraEngine will create support for the empty layers, instead of dropping the object to the buildplate.