First print with PP on UM3E - impressive

dxp

Posted · First print with PP on UM3E - impressive

Guys, this is awesome. To be sure I read everything about build plate adhesion, temperatures, enclosures, warping etc. just to find a nearly flawless print with default cura settings (except 100% infill, 3mm wall). I used the Advanced Kit with its enclosure and adhesion sheets. A cardboard case on top kept the heat. That's all. Wonderful.

Thank you, Team Ultimaker! :+1:

(The PP is a bit harder than TPU. Hard to rip apart. The brim is crumpled after removing it. And you will get a nice matte surface from the Adhesion Sheet. (No bed leveling after putting it on.:O) )

dxp

IMG_0554.JPG.bb1fd425b4a3cc298da32c4a85ed5866.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG.27f54ee0e1f0e3ce47b5366a43f3d73e.JPG

• Like 1

That is nice. I have two spools of PP and have not gotten around to experimenting with it. Been sitting in its sealed box since it first came out. One day.....one day......LOL

Yes, nice it is. Quite flexing. But cutting threads into it was not a pleasure - although it worked out, it was a crumbling action.

So once again: you have to find the right material for the right purpose. (And the right printing temperature/cooling/retract etc.. ;) )

Cheers,

dxp

• 2 months later...

Ive been printing with PP all week now, it is a bear!  When it works, it does make some nice prints (I print for work, I am using the PP for these glue templates so that when they get too caked up with adhesive, we can just soak them in solvent).

I have had it start to tangle in the extrude gear a few times, and other times the nozzle clogs up.  But no adhesion issues, thanks do those fancy UM adhesion sheets. :-)

I have had the most success printing at 40mm/s and no retraction, with no other significant changes to the profile.

image.thumb.png.f4e840d94f685cbdf73d00c75353774a.png

• Like 1