Per Model Settings - Nozzle Temperature

jdawgaz

Posted · Per Model Settings - Nozzle Temperature

I can't find nozzle temperature in the per model settings.

I wanted to print out some 20mm cubes, each one at a different Temperature, to see which temperature was best.

Even when I checked ALL I didn't find Temperature anywhere.

The only way I can do it now, is to do a print each separately and go in and manually edit the file, modifying the Temperature for each cube, in the Gcode.

I can do that, but it would be nicer to be able to do it in Cura.

In CURA the temperature is located in the MATERIAL menu.

You can also make a search for 'temperature' by using the 'Search...' bar right above all the settings and just under the 'Profiles' drop down menu.

• Like 1

Hmm. Maybe I didn't make myself too clear. Let me try again.

This is PER MODEL SETTINGS.

I have 3 cubes. I want to print the 1st one at Temperature 195, the 2nd at 200, and the 3rd at 205.

If I select any model and try to set the Temperature, it is NOT one of the options.

permodel2.png

Ok, my mistake, I misunderstood what you meant.

If it's not on the options, then it is not possible at the moment. And I don't think it would be really doable to print different models at different temperatures at the same time. The printcores would have to heat up and cool down all the time, which might be damaging in the long run, and it would also increase your print time quite a bit, as you'd have to wait for the heating and cooling of the cores.

You'll have to print your cubes one by one, changing the temperature manually.

ok. too much to ask.

as a retired programmer of more than 35 years, I know that if that per model option existed and it was non-null for ANY particular model, then I would set a flag to over-ride the print all at once option (no matter what it said), and put a pop up message to that effect, to "print one at a time".

but I only prepared one at a time, and changed the gcode to the temp that I wanted. It will work. But it would have been slicker to print all of them "one at a time" at different temperatures. Thinking about it, maybe I should change the gcode to NOT cool down in between, so I can print them faster.

There is a print one at a time option if you are not using more than one extruder.

Thank you for the discussion.  I know this is old but still relevant and not implemented.  Can we revisit this?  I am trying to do some calibration and I would like to print one-at-a time with temperature different per model.  I want to see the affects of nozzle temperature differences on my first layers.  I know about temp towers.  That is not what I want to do.  Thank you.

You can print one at a time no problem.  Adjusting the temperature for each model isn't terribly difficult but there is no automation for it.  In the "Per Model" settings - temperature is not an option.  If you use Search and Replace with "LAYER:0" then ALL instances will be found so you end up with the same temperature everywhere anyway.  You could use Search and Replace with the Model Name as a criteria.  It would be clumsy and tedious.

Every model starts on Layer:0 so what you can do is open the Gcode file in a text editor (like Windows Notepad) and search the Gcode file for Layer:0.  At each occurrence add a line:

M104 Sttt

where "ttt" is the temperature you want for that model.  If you are printing a skirt for every model then the temperature change should occur within the skirt and when the model starts it will be at your set temperature.  If you set the Skirt Distance to 1mm and make them 3 or 4 loops then they won't take up too much real estate on the build plate.

Here is an example:

;LAYER_COUNT:127
    ;LAYER:0

M104 S205
    G0 X10.505 Y95.645 Z0.2
    ;TYPE:SKIRT

......................at the next Layer:0

;LAYER_COUNT:127
    ;LAYER:0

M104 S210
    G0 X10.505 Y95.645 Z0.2
    ;TYPE:SKIRT

If you want to wait for the temperature to change you could use M109 instead of M104.