Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
halfie

Integrating UltiLCD2 into Marlin 1.1.8?

Hi all, 

the current release of Marlin has a whole bunch of fancy new toys in it, which I'd like to try out, the most interesting being:

• Unified Bed Levelling, which should be doable via a precisionpiezo kit, hooked up to J26
  • Linear Advance, which helps by constantly adjusting the pressure to the melted filament, allowing for faster and more accurate prints simultaneously.

The biggest roadblock to getting this done is that I can't for the life of me get the Ultimaker 2 LCD screen to turn on or display anything. I have absolutely no idea how to get it going? 

Any help would be appreciated.

What have you tried already?

AFAIK Marlin does not support SSD1309 OLEDs directly, or does it?

I think you will have to merge it with the display routines from the original Ultimaker firmware. The source files for the latter are public available here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/UM2.1-Firmware

Take a look at "UltiLCD2_low_lib.cpp" to get an idea.

2 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

What have you tried already?

AFAIK Marlin does not support SSD1309 OLEDs directly, or does it?

I think you will have to merge it with the display routines from the original Ultimaker firmware. The source files for the latter are public available here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/UM2.1-Firmware

Take a look at "UltiLCD2_low_lib.cpp" to get an idea.

Hi tinker, 

I modified a version of the 1.1.8 release, and ran through all of the different LCD's that were commented out in configuration.h, and then spent the better part of the day attempting to port over the UltiLCD2 files from the main Ultimaker 2 15.04.6, and your 17.10.1, with no success. The good thing is that it's actually reading the SD card, and all the sensors seem to be working fine, although i haven't stuck it back in the machine and tested the motion yet.

As ChrisRiddell pointed out, it looks like the latest version added Ulticontroller 2.1 AND improved trinamic support (which should help me, since I'm using a version of the Ultiboard2 which has replaceable drivers, and I'm running with some cheap aliexpress TMC2100's for now, until I know that it at least works). 

Thanks, Chris, for pointing that out, I never would have seen it otherwise!