Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
splicer

Hollow model not printing hollow

Hello everyone. I drew this model in Sketchup Make and exported it to Cura 3.20

It is a cookie cutter. Hollow.

No matter what I try it prints not hollow.

I am using Anet A8

Please see attached .stl file, picture and Cura config.ini

The picture is after 2% and making a second pass to fill in. 20180211_103241.thumb.jpg.9434c6aef9bfe9a4ec3cbc45f931a422.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

cutter 1.stl

Anet A8.curaprofile

None of your surfaces were manifold, or what is also called watertight.

Your top ring was a series of flat planes that were connected on the outside rim as you can see, but on the inside, there was no connection. This made the top ring a 2D shell. The bottom walls did not have any thickness to them and therefore were a collection of open edges and again, a 2D shape.

Anything sketchup is not good for making 3D printable models. I do not use it, so I cannot advise you how to fix it. But I did take it into 3DS MAX and made a couple of adjustments.

This is the fixed file. I do not know if the dimensions are what you want as I did have to thicken the walls and bridge the open areas of the top ring.

The bottom walls that form the cutter are 1mm thick.

cutter1Fixed.stl