Inventor Plugin (official thread)

thopiekar

Posted · Inventor Plugin (official thread)

I really liked this plugin for the early versions of Cura! When I needed to make changes to a model, I could change the .ipt file, and just import that same file into cura. Instead, with Cura 4.4, I now need to make changes, export an STL file, and then import that file into Cura. It's an extra step, and it requires that I remember whether the STL files are up to the same revision as the Inventor part files, which isn't always the case.

Is there a plan to update this plugin to work with Cura 4.4? 

• 1 month later...

Hey! The plugin has been updated for Cura 4.4+ and a bug has been fixed.

If the document (part, assembly or drawing) is already opened in Inventor, the document won't be closed anymore.

There was already a check for it before, which was (it seems) not fully tested by me. Therefore, the check gave wrong info and leaded to this issue.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
    On 8/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, mtg01 said:

the

The plugin does not work for me for .ipt files created with Inventor 2020. My version of Cura is 4.6. The error message is "invalid file".

Yeah I think is better just to forget the plugin. Save as STL and in the "file / open" in Cura the latest STL saved in inventor is on the combobox list (so you can streamline the import step)

image.thumb.png.9f80c58afe76f91b9772281f90933c1a.png

@eried: Can you please share some info? Installed version of Inventor and Cura? Thanks!

@mtg01: Could you make a screenshot of the results of the service checker tool and send me your log file? You can send it to me via private message 🙂

Hello everybody,
    I have used this plugin for several versions of Cura and its result was very good. Now update to Cura Enterprise 4.9.0 and the plugin does not load, in Cura the following error appears.

Screenshoot.thumb.jpg.010b73ede1a0ab4dc0a4fc0e673e63e8.jpg

Thanks.

I installed Inventor 2023, and the plugin no longer recognizes *.ipt files.

Is there a plan to update the plugin in the near future?

There is no way in inventor to save a model in an older version unfortunately.

Thanks

On 4/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, rsalasidis said:

Thanks

Cura 5.0.0 doesn't have the plug-in either, what's going on? 

On 5/26/2022 at 8:34 AM, GSGRHouseAccount said:

Cura 5.0.0 doesn't have the plug-in either, what's going on? 

There's very few plug-ins for it right now. I assume they are working on them (especially Inventor) and just exporting as STL from Inventor in the meantime.

Posted (edited) · Inventor Plugin (official thread)
    On 4/20/2022 at 6:06 PM, rsalasidis said:

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to mention, you can go to the Environments and select 3D Print on the toolbar, and then output as an .STL (or just use the File -> Export -> CAD Format -> save as an .STL from here.

That is what I'm doing. It's a bit more of a pain, definitely.

Edited by daverrimex

Is there any chance that someone who knows the actual status of the Inventor plugin could just let us know for sure that its being worked on? I can't seem to find where anyone even acknowledges that its ever going to get updated to Cura 5 compatibility.

The author of the plugin is the Original Poster of this thread @thopiekar.  If he doesn't respond here he has a page HERE that you might be able to contact him from.  His GitHub page shows his last commit was 2 years ago.  His last visit to this site was January 28, 2021.