Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Inventor Plugin (official thread)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite an elaborate error message! So, I deleted the PlugInFolder under MyName\AppData\Roaming\cura\3.2\plugins and installed your Plugin again. No import - file not found. Same error.  

Hello,   the plugin is working now, i can import *.ipt-files directly. Yippie!   Cheers dxp

@thopiekar, Seems to be working again with Cura 3.3.1 and plugin 0.15. Using Inventor 2017 R4.3

Posted Images

Posted · Inventor Plugin (official thread)

I really liked this plugin for the early versions of Cura! When I needed to make changes to a model, I could change the .ipt file, and just import that same file into cura. Instead, with Cura 4.4, I now need to make changes, export an STL file, and then import that file into Cura. It's an extra step, and it requires that I remember whether the STL files are up to the same revision as the Inventor part files, which isn't always the case.

Is there a plan to update this plugin to work with Cura 4.4? 

• 1 month later...

Hey! The plugin has been updated for Cura 4.4+ and a bug has been fixed.

If the document (part, assembly or drawing) is already opened in Inventor, the document won't be closed anymore.

There was already a check for it before, which was (it seems) not fully tested by me. Therefore, the check gave wrong info and leaded to this issue.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
    • 6 months later...
    On 8/21/2020 at 10:29 AM, mtg01 said:

the

The plugin does not work for me for .ipt files created with Inventor 2020. My version of Cura is 4.6. The error message is "invalid file".

Yeah I think is better just to forget the plugin. Save as STL and in the "file / open" in Cura the latest STL saved in inventor is on the combobox list (so you can streamline the import step)

image.thumb.png.9f80c58afe76f91b9772281f90933c1a.png