Ultimaker Dream T-Shirt Competition

ian

Posted · Ultimaker Dream T-Shirt Competition

Ultimaker Dream T-Shirt Competition

Good morning World. :smile:

I have a proposal for all of you.

Like the amazing imput that David got for the Logo design for the Cura software, I think the ultimaker crew would do with a little infusion of help, when it comes to community idendity :smile:

After visiting the Ultimaker stands at Erfurt 3D Fair this year, I also realised that the only way you could ID other ultimaker users or.. producers, was to walk around with an ultimaker in your hands like a baby or just poke people and wisper in their ear... ultimaker..... :wink: also kinky but... not professional...

so I thought a really amazing creative and beautiful ultimaker tshirt would be a nice idea.

I know now from experinece, that showing your colours is a very important thing.

so.... tshirt..... time... :smile:

Ok, so this is my proposal..

Everyone is welcome to design and enter their own creative unique design for a front design tshirt, celebrating ultimaker and its goal to allow people to realise their dreams....

everything is allowed. the more creative the better !!

All users please post their designs here with clear good quality photos or graphics.

Also please remember to keep your designs as large format ! if they are selected and printed on tshirts.

The time limit is until the 31st of July.

The prize for the collest original and amazing tshirt is......

I will post to the winner, one new reel of ultimaker PLA (winner chooses colour) Big box of Chocolates from Leipzig :smile: and one printed Tshirt with the winning design..... sorry guys thats my budget...

But I hope every one particaptes.... we have one and a half months to make something really wonderful... and I know I will happily buy it and show it with pride :smile:

if anyone has any questions, please shoot me an email (ian.spring@gmail.com)

So good morning World and... good luck and have fun :smile:

Ian

• Replies 95
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian, what a great idea! :)

I am happy to let you all know that we are also working on an Ultimaker-shirt, but we are very happy to include a design from our community as well.

Of course, we will be taking the price on our account Ian. Don't be silly.

We will raise your reel of filament, and offer a RAINBOW of colours, with some gold (filament) at the end of the rainbow, like it is suppose to be, eh? I do expect you to throw in your box of chocolate ;) No one can beat Leipzig Chocolate..

Of course the person who has the most awesome design gets a few shirts as well, and the appropriate credits.

I do think the robot should be in the design. Besides that, feel free to express your Ultimaker-feelings.

Looking forward to see everyone's input.

A couple more ideas. One silly and one that I kinda like with the mix of the two logos. Made the last one black and white to give it more punch. I kept the first ones somewhat close to the website colours but I figure not everyone might like blue so colour options is probably a must.

Huge ultimaker across chest, ultimaker model on back

Logo mix up on front, printer model on back

A few ideas to get us started. Personally I like the big bot with the vertical Ultimaker text on the back the most.

First one looks best to me.

i agree with owen, the first one also hits me the best :-)

very cool start !!!

Ian

Hay SUPER Sander :-)

I knew you were cooking up an official tshirt but i jsut thought a wacky creative competition was perfect now. all the guys melting in offices all around the world, lots of ideas and now... a new challenge :-) hehe :-)

one quick question, can you copy your last message also onto the google groups... I have the tread duplicated to get more people in..

Have an amazing day Sander and also... very important !! we want to see some amazing Sander designs, Harma told me how incredible you are ! :-)

Ian :-)

Ian, what a great idea! :)

I am happy to let you all know that we are also working on an Ultimaker-shirt, but we are very happy to include a design from our community as well.

Of course, we will be taking the price on our account Ian. Don't be silly.

We will raise your reel of filament, and offer a RAINBOW of colours, with some gold (filament) at the end of the rainbow, like it is suppose to be, eh? I do expect you to throw in your box of chocolate ;) No one can beat Leipzig Chocolate..

Of course the person who has the most awesome design gets a few shirts as well, and the appropriate credits.

I do think the robot should be in the design. Besides that, feel free to express your Ultimaker-feelings.

Looking forward to see everyone's input.

haha well i could give it a try. :)

I will post my reply on the google groups, no problem.

And i have to agree with some posts here that the first one looked like the best one so far.

Here in the office we will probably come up with a design which is close to this one.

Which i would describe as a more 'obvious' design, close to our corporate identity.

I am curious to see what would come out if we would take a (small/big) step away from that corporate identity, and be a little bit more open minded about the design? So still include the robot, but for example have it look more like a

(3D-)doodle.

I don't know if that would work for the final design, but perhaps it is worth looking in that direction.

sounds good Sander, you guys work out your corporate image :-) and we crazies will cook up... LAVAAAA :-)

good morning beautiful people :-)

after a wonderful sunny weekend... ahhhhhh. now down to idea.... generation :-)

tadaa...

i can use some filament...!!

question mark T shirt Hi joris

cheers\joris

www.rooiejoris.nl

www.facebook.com/europerminutedesign

here is the high res scan of the ultimaker logo and robot.

Ian :smile: (thanks Sander :smile:

Here is my first design. I am licensing it CC Attribution:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Which means as long as you mention my name you can do whatever the hell you want including changing it or not, making millions of dollars and giving me nothing.

tshirt1 small

shirt1a

Here is my second design. I am licensing it CC Attribution:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

Which means as long as you mention my name you can do whatever the hell you want including changing it or not, making millions of dollars and giving me nothing.

tshirt2 copy

shirt2a

womanshirt copy

Also maybe put the text on the shirt

shirt1 with words

shirt2 words

wow cool to see everyone's contribution.

I have also done some doodling yesterday, will take it to the next level later this week and hopefully share some with y'all if it is worth sharing. :)

My contribution to the contest:

awojnk.png

Charlotte

My contribution to the shirt contest:

ultimakershirt CJ

Charlotte

I love the idea. Very creative. Not a huge fan of the chosen colors though.

I've vectorized the logo if anyone needs to scale and resize without loss of quality, links below

http://catohagen.fastmail.fm/UltiLogo-1.eps

http://catohagen.fastmail.fm/UltiLogo-1.ai

http://catohagen.fastmail.fm/UltiLogo-1.dxf

I love the idea. Very creative. Not a huge fan of the chosen colors though.

Since it's a DIY shirt you can pick any color you like ;) What are you thinking of?

thank you !!

I've vectorized the logo if anyone needs to scale and resize without loss of quality, links below

http://catohagen.fastmail.fm/UltiLogo-1.eps

http://catohagen.fastmail.fm/UltiLogo-1.ai

http://catohagen.fastmail.fm/UltiLogo-1.dxf

i real love just playing around with ideas when I can and making something new and wonderful... thats why i really love seeing the creative genius coming out here !!! :-)

here is a fun design i did this morning...

The idea is, in a world filled with grey corporate companies, ultimaker is the shining happy light standing in the middle..... that just reflects my overall feeling for ultimaker... thought it might be a nice idea :-)

iansidea1.jpg

wow, great idea Ian!!

Your design may need some photoshop re-touching but i like the concept :)

I am inspired! :)