Pause at height problem on the UM3

Nicolinux

Posted · Pause at height problem on the UM3

Hi,

I wanted to use the post processing plugin "Pause at height" to swap filament during a dual-color print (so I can have three colors). The problem is that the plugin interface sets default values for the "standby temperature" and "resume temperature". This basically destroyed my print since after the pause the printer tried to extrude at 70 degrees (feeder just kept going eating into the filament).

Did anyone experience the same problem or am I doing something wrong with this plugin?

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 00.15.43.png

Posted · Pause at height problem on the UM3

ah, heck. there was a bug, the bug was squashed, and then I used this tool happily just a few weeks ago in 3.1 with a whole workshop full of people. Can you share the resulting patch of gcode at that height to match with these settings? And of course the cura version. 

I don't just want to help you (which I do of course), but I also need to use that plugin on Saturday! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies