Extruder Control

Toeskneez

Posted (edited) · Extruder Control

Hi,

I am new to Cura 3.2 but have been using one of the Cura 15. versions for quite some time now.

I see there is no ability to control the temp of the extruder or the enabling of extruding or retracting filament when starting a print? Isnt this a helpful tool when changing filaments and starting new prints?

Is this going to be included in any later releases of Cura? Or do I go back to the old version 15?

Thanks heaps,

Toeskneez ;)

Edited by Toeskneez

Posted (edited) · Extruder Control
    On 2/26/2018 at 2:20 AM, Toeskneez said:

I see there is no ability to control the temp of the extruder or the enabling of extruding or retracting filament when starting a print? Isnt this a helpful tool when changing filaments and starting new prints?

Those things are depending on the selected printer, resp. the GCode flavor (this can be changed in the machine settings).

For an UM2(+): temperatures and start procedure are handled by the firmware. That's why these settings are hidden by default in Cura.

For all other printers it should be possible to change these settings at will.

About which printer are we talking and which specific settings do you miss?

Edit: i read it again... are you talking about manual controls?

Edited by tinkergnome

Posted · Extruder Control
    8 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

Those things are depending on the selected printer, resp. the GCode flavor (this can be changed in the machine settings).

For an UM2(+): temperatures and start procedure are handled by the firmware. That's why these settings are hidden by default in Cura.

For all other printers it should be possible to change these settings at will.

About which printer are we talking and which specific settings do you miss?

Edit: i read it again... are you talking about manual controls?

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I am talking about manual controls over the extruder.

I have a TEVO Black widow, and the old cura I used would let me "prime" the extruder before a print. I use the RepRap setting for it as I used to.

Cura 3.2 lets you pre-heat the bed, but not the extruder like the old version 15 did.