Tree Support Issues

Topcat

Posted · Tree Support Issues

I have been trying to use tree supports and it is not working out so well it seems that Cura is trying to have normal supports and tree supports at the same time. Anyone find a work around for this? Or am I the only one? Also when I added Tree Supports to a benchy it had supports in mid-air. Thanks for any help :)

Uncheck "generate supports".

Note the support angle setting from the standard supports applies to the tree supports generated even though the options are in different sections.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

AbeFM, confirming this is correct.

I suppose it's non-intuitive that you should do one but not the other.

Perhaps in future versions, the tree support option should be a child of general supports to ensure exclusivity?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I'm about 4 hours in to a print w/ tree mode now.  Confirming it does work with the generate support unchecked.

image.thumb.png.c2a69fb46e94816ba69dd53790e95648.png

One thing I've never figured out in cura is how to move the camera up/down once you select a view so I never get a good look at what I'm printing like I really want to.  Another topic altogether lol

Thanks, I will give Trees a try again and upload screen shots of any issues I run into.

After turning off Generate Support, you'll need to go into Experimental and choose Tree Support there.  I too was getting tree and normal supports. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 4:50 AM, csmicfool said:

One thing I've never figured out in cura is how to move the camera up/down once you select a view so I never get a good look at what I'm printing like I really want to.  Another topic altogether lol

@csmicfool: hold the shift key on your keyboard while right-mouse-dragging.  

Thanks for clarification - had the same issue but thought it is still "highly experimental" ;-)

5 hours ago, Tafelspitz said:

@csmicfool: hold the shift key on your keyboard while right-mouse-dragging.  

Thank you!

That was definitely not super-intuitive, but glad I finally know!