Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Topcat

Tree Support Issues

I have been trying to use tree supports and it is not working out so well it seems that Cura is trying to have normal supports and tree supports at the same time. Anyone find a work around for this? Or am I the only one? Also when I added Tree Supports to a benchy it had supports in mid-air. Thanks for any help :)

Uncheck "generate supports".

Note the support angle setting from the standard supports applies to the tree supports generated even though the options are in different sections.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AbeFM, confirming this is correct.

I suppose it's non-intuitive that you should do one but not the other.

Perhaps in future versions, the tree support option should be a child of general supports to ensure exclusivity?

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

I'm about 4 hours in to a print w/ tree mode now.  Confirming it does work with the generate support unchecked.

image.thumb.png.c2a69fb46e94816ba69dd53790e95648.png

One thing I've never figured out in cura is how to move the camera up/down once you select a view so I never get a good look at what I'm printing like I really want to.  Another topic altogether lol

On 2/28/2018 at 4:50 AM, csmicfool said:

One thing I've never figured out in cura is how to move the camera up/down once you select a view so I never get a good look at what I'm printing like I really want to.  Another topic altogether lol

@csmicfool: hold the shift key on your keyboard while right-mouse-dragging.