Y osset issue second layer

Posted · Y osset issue second layer

Hello,

When I print with the 2 extruder (PLA + PVA), there is a Y offset issue on the second layer (red line on the photo). All the time.

When I print with only one extruder everything is OK.

Someone can help me?

Thanks,

(ultimaker 3 extended)

Y offset issue.JPG

Posted · Y osset issue second layer

I think your Y axis slipped.  I have two theories:

1) Usually this happens when the pulley slips on the rod.  So test this with a sharpie (permanent marker).  Mark the shaft and pulley of all 6 Y axis pulleys - most importantly the two on the short belt which is on the stepper.  You may have to remove the cover to get at the Y axis stepper but if you have a long hex driver you can push the print head around until you have a clear view of the pulley set screw.  Tighten those very very tight.  So tight you are afraid you will break something.

@fbrc8-erin - how much torque do you tighten those with?

2) This could be that when it switches to the other head it isn't in the right position (the nozzle changer device on the side of the printer) and it pushes so hard against the nozzle changer device that you loose Y steps.  This should be obvious if you watch this happen.  There is a calibration procedure to check this but I'm told it is tricky and should only be attempted as a last resort.  I would instead rule out this #2 theory by rebooting the machine and then changing back and forth between the 2 nozzles using the menu system.  It's probably #1.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies