Cura 3.2 Sucks

Posted (edited) · Cura 3.2 Sucks

First problem: Cura 3.2 will only run while its still open for the first time immediately after downloading. It won't open if you try to run it another time.

Second problem: is that I "prepared" a model in Cura and it only calculated a thin shell along Z planes of the outer walls of the model. My model is solid and not the problem. I have prepared hundreds of CAD models for/in Cura before.

Third problem: is "Extra Fine" setting was missing from the layer height choices. Only the other 3 defaults were there.

Fourth thing is just a dislike: Back in Cura 2 the arrow keys let you pan around and above/below the object in layers mode. In Cura 3 this is not possible since the up/down arrow keys have been commandeered for scrolling through the layers. I liked being able to look around the object while examining the layers. To do this in Cura 3 requires going back to solid layer mode to change the viewing orientation and then going back to layer mode, which is a hassle. Scrolling through layers by using the on-screen scroll bar with mouse was good (cura 2).

Fifth thing is a dislike: Cura 3 wastes much more space than Cura 2 in the right-side settings area. I'm using a laptop and it isn't a small one and yet still the space is so crammed in Cura 3 that it makes settings information much more difficult to scroll through. The "materials," "profiles," and "print setup" takes up too much space. I would rather see much more space used for the list of settings. It actually causes me to miss things noticeably much more compared to Cura2 style when I am inputting my settings.

Six: While I'm at it, I have a dislike about one thing in all Cura versions as well. When you have the preview camera positioned at most angles (that are not 90 degrees), and you zoom in, the zoom bypasses the model altogether; The model goes off screen. I would like to be able to zoom in on my model at any angle, not just directly above and directly in front... Other slicers do not have this problem.

Edited by GCode