Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Hello All,

I am printing a gasket. Cross section looks like a right triangle. Is there a setting to make the printer lay down a continuous layer. It wants to jump all around leaving less than perfect layers where it starts/stops. I am using Cura and a CR10S4.

Thanks for the help!

I understand what you want but being a triangle every layer will have a different thickness so this might be difficult.  Certainly this is easy to do on the bottom layer.

For one thing I would set infill to 0% and set wall thickness to 100mm such that it prints it solid with only concentric infill.  This will help but there may be gaps.

I would then play with line width a bit to try to get rid of most of the gaps - at least on the widest layer I would get it perfect.

That works also but if you don't have good bonding the part will be weaker - but I suppose in your case that doesn't matter.  You might want to overextrude by 10% and print slow and or hot  - if you want it to be air tight.