Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
AbeFM

Multiple Build Surfaces/Printers

I saw the "multiple build surfaces" in the feature list, but haven't messed with it yet - with a preset for each printer, I thought I would be good. As I have 3 printers, I was trying to do a Grand Benchy Comparison, but the process of changing the "printer"  kept changing settings I didn't expect, so it was very hard to do a direct comparison.

In fact, after the experience, I'm finding I keep losing settings I think I have saved. The difference between "profile", "Material", and "printer" don't make a lot of sense. I can change the material and no getting the settings I expect, same for printer.

It looks like each printer has its own profiles.... But then again, there are some repeats between them. It is hard to tell where they are coming from - I made custom profiles and they show up under two of my 3 profiles. Being in just one, or in all three, would make sense, but I don't see how it ended up in two.

I guess I'm looking for a workflow which will EASILY allow me to pull a single selection from a menu so I can print the same thing on a different printer.

(Slightly related: How do you edit the name that is appended to the begining of the output files? I would like PI3MK2_(model name).gcode to be "MK3_(model name).gcode", the CR-10 to be CR10 (not CCR10_), etc. I looked at a bunch of cfg files and never found it.)