Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Wisar

UM3 Unavailable - Unable to accept new print jobs

My UM3 has decided to not accept print jobs across the network with the following message.  Note that it still prints just fine from the thumbdrive and there are no messages of anything wrong from the printer

Unavailable: This printer is currently unable to accept new print jobs

Verbiage

The 3D printer can't start a print unless both print cores are present. Install the matching print cores to proceed.

The selected 3D printer reports an unexpected status. Ensure that your printers have the latest version of the firmware, or delete and resubmit this print job to try again.

It happened to me recently too on my UM3. When I changed filament from generic filament, back to UM filament with a RFID. Apparently Cura and my UM3 decided there was a misconfiguration, so Cura Connect halted any further network printing until until the misconfiguration was rectified. The misconfiguration can be overridden on the Cura Connect screen.

Of course it may have been an UM3 communication issue too, I have been getting a few of those lately.

BTW, I don't believe Cura Connect print management is very helpful if there is just one user of an UM3, it seems to get in the way more than it helps. 

Thanks @kmanstudios and @CapableQuad.  My Cura Connect seems to be in a weird state.  It had my printer listed as a group owner but then it had another printer showing as well (I only have one UM3).  When I added the extra printer to my group it started to print!  Strangely, I can also send print jobs to the other printer and it also prints even though connect says that it has an issue.  So I am fixed but not in any way that I should be!   This is not Ultimakers finest in software but I can see the use for it in a production shop once it is polished a little more.

Hopefully someone from Ultimaker will jump in here!

Cheers,

Will