Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Brulti

Printing on fabric

Hi all,

I just saw this:

Neat trick, although I guess it would work only with that kind of fishnet-like fabric, to allow the fabric and the plastic to intermingle and form strong bonds.

They show in the video that you have to add some g-code to make sure the print pauses after a certain number of layers, allowing you to lay the fabric on the buildplate before resuming the print. Can we do that directly in CURA or not?

I do not read g-code, so it's all quite mysterious to me, though I've understood that the added bit of code does tell the printer to stop at a certain layer (third one in the video) and what to modify if I want it to stop at another layer thanks to his example. But I wouldn't be able to manually modify a g-code by myself. I wouldn't know where to include the added bit of code and such.

Thanks.

Edited by Brulti

you could do this with the post processing script' pause at height'. Look for Extensions (top bar) - Post processing - Modify Gcode - pause at height.

Unfortunately the pause movement to the desired corner location, by default 190--190 is not immediately visible in the layervieuw. Load the created code to see the result.

• Like 1