Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
otaolafranc

ultimaker 2 0.00m material error

hello

i wanted to make a temperature tower test, and to be able to modify the temperature i used the RepRap configuration to be able to modify the temperature of by the progress of the print in a UM2.

my problem is that after i save the gcode from cura, in the software it shows that is going to use 2m of material but when i go to print it in the printer it shows 0.00m of material and if try to print it, the printer has no flow of material. i am attaching the .obj. 

thanks

test.gcode

If this is on a UM2(+) then please note that this is not the format used by ultigcode (this is the format used for the UM2).

example of ultigcode:

;FLAVOR:UltiGCode
;TIME:7767
;MATERIAL:6721
;MATERIAL2:0
;NOZZLE_DIAMETER:0.4

this is what your file has:

;FLAVOR:RepRap
;TIME:28044
;Filament used: 2.10125m
;Layer height: 0.1

now also note that the material used in the ";MATERIAL:" tag is in cubic mm and not in meters.

So that makes sense to me, the UM2 sees no material used in the metadata of that file.

What is worse, your gcode is not compatible with an UM2!

You set your gcode flavor to reprap in Cura and this results in gcode where the E steps are in mm of material use and not in the cubic mm of material used by the UM2(+). So this is not only a cosmetic change of the metadata.

Edited by robinmdh