Can´t fix overextrusion in certain spots

AndiJ

Posted · Can´t fix overextrusion in certain spots

Hello community,

I am having an issue with my prints recently where I seem to have overextrusion and the print surface gets rough, but only in certain spots.

I have analysed the problem to occur either where two "fronts" meet or where the printer has to make fast direction changes in order to fill the last small spots left in a layer. Its has to be either one or the other of those two. Same with first or last layer it happens on both in the same spots.

What I have tried so far is to lower the esteps which didnt help. I increased the printspeed because I thought maybe the printer extrudes too much when he goes too slow in a small area (which would be a calculation issue then), didnt help. I lowered my printbed a bit, didnt help and I am having the issue also on the top layer like I said. I am using cura right now, if anyone wants to see my settings I can provide those

If anyone has had this issue or maybe has an idea I would be grateful for any help.

Picture for better understanding:

I marked the "fronts" I mentioned earlier

IMG_20180317_123130.thumb.jpg.611a9802b8c415eec49e05f7db617b75.jpg

First layer

IMG_20180317_180451.thumb.jpg.ace937ef7229c2fe2c3594ecc5e5b3fe.jpg

Last layer (I lowered the esteps here drastically already)

IMG_20180318_194540.thumb.jpg.4755894b83a3e1b6db47d6aa6a80d1e4.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 16 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies