Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Danthelad

Recent Cura Update

Hi All. I'm a newcomer to this site and previously used Cura Version 14 as supplied with my Hictop self-build kit and have found it very easy to use.

I have a few questions/observations regarding the update to Cura 3.2.1. (I installed it because every time I now start the previous version a dialog box pops up asking if I want to upgrade....)

First; How do I stop the dialog box from appearing on the previous version, which I still use, each time it starts?

Also, I only have a single extruder on my machine and I installed a plug-in to allow me to pause the print at a set layer height to enable a change to another colour filament, which gave me the ability to make a 2 colour job. I tried to find the same plug-in on your site to use with the new Cura,but was unable to find it. Is there a way of doing this within the new Cura, and if so, how is it achieved?

Have to go now but may ask more questions when time permits.

Kindest Regards.....

Thanks for the answer. After adding the script, what do I do then? How do I use it? Does it appear in the Plug-ins option?

Sorry to seem a little pedantic but a bit more explanation would help......

Will try adding it later and see if I can work it out myself......

Kindest Regards, Dan.

Fill in the values where you want your printer to pause, where to park the head, etc. Then close the window, and export or print your gcode. The commands to pause your print will be inserted in the gcode.

the extra info that is not mentioned anywhere and took me a while as well is that the result can be viewed after generating and saving the gcode. Load the code into Cura and view the result. If it is not in the right place, generate and view again.