Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted · Camera zoom

Hey folks,

 

So in Cura, I'm trying to zoom in real close to my model but the zoom will only go in so far.  I can do a sketchy trick of moving to the side of the object, strafing over to it, then I have a larger zoom interval.  Is there a way to simply "reset?" my cameras zoom?  I've checked the controls and such but don't see anything related to what I'm wanting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Camera zoom

I'm not sure what you are asking but I think you are asking about panning.  You can pan if you hold down shift and do a right-click-drag.

 

I use the "+" key on the number pad to zoom in.  "-" zooms out.  I usually have to click once in the graphical portion of cura before those keys work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Camera zoom
4 minutes ago, gr5 said:

I'm not sure what you are asking but I think you are asking about panning.  You can pan if you hold down shift and do a right-click-drag.

 

I use the "+" key on the number pad to zoom in.  "-" zooms out.  I usually have to click once in the graphical portion of cura before those keys work.

Yeah, I want to know if I can zoom in MORE somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Camera zoom

Maybe you should show a screenshot or a video.  If you keep hitting plus you can keep zooming in.  At one point if you use rotate and pan you are so close you can only see a few traces because a few mm of your part fills the screen.  Did you keep hitting "+"?

 

Also right click drag orbits.  If you use those 3 features:

1) +

2) shift-right-click-drag

3) right-click-drag 

 

then you can zoom in so tight it's silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Camera zoom
13 hours ago, gr5 said:

Maybe you should show a screenshot or a video.  If you keep hitting plus you can keep zooming in.  At one point if you use rotate and pan you are so close you can only see a few traces because a few mm of your part fills the screen.  Did you keep hitting "+"?

 

Also right click drag orbits.  If you use those 3 features:

1) +

2) shift-right-click-drag

3) right-click-drag 

 

then you can zoom in so tight it's silly.

OK cool.  Yeah, that works, thanks for the advice.  

 

That's actually what I was saying up top, however, I was just bad at explaining it :).  I was wondering if there was a way to just keep zooming without having to pan around; when you keep hitting + it will stop zooming at a certain point.  

 

I'll just use the pan and rotate technique.  Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited) · Camera zoom
6 hours ago, Sean Southard said:

I was wondering if there was a way to just keep zooming without having to pan around; when you keep hitting + it will stop zooming at a certain point.  

 

+1 to that. Current zoom limit isn’t good enough (for me) to debug gcode preview issues and I end launching the gcode to s3d to just see the small details

Edited by neotko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Our picks

    • Ultimaker Cura 4.0 | Stable available!
      Ultimaker Cura 4.0 is mainly focused on the improved user interface and cloud integration.
      As always, we want to collect your user feedback for this release. If there are any improvements you can think of, feel free to mention it here and help us to shape the next release.
        • Like
      • 98 replies
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Ultimaker Community of 3D printing experts. Visit the following links to read more about our Terms of Use or our Privacy Policy. Thank you!