Camera zoom

Sean Southard

Posted · Camera zoom

Hey folks,

So in Cura, I'm trying to zoom in real close to my model but the zoom will only go in so far.  I can do a sketchy trick of moving to the side of the object, strafing over to it, then I have a larger zoom interval.  Is there a way to simply "reset?" my cameras zoom?  I've checked the controls and such but don't see anything related to what I'm wanting.

Posted · Camera zoom

I'm not sure what you are asking but I think you are asking about panning.  You can pan if you hold down shift and do a right-click-drag.

I use the "+" key on the number pad to zoom in.  "-" zooms out.  I usually have to click once in the graphical portion of cura before those keys work.

Posted · Camera zoom
    4 minutes ago, gr5 said:

I'm not sure what you are asking but I think you are asking about panning.  You can pan if you hold down shift and do a right-click-drag.

I use the "+" key on the number pad to zoom in.  "-" zooms out.  I usually have to click once in the graphical portion of cura before those keys work.

Yeah, I want to know if I can zoom in MORE somehow.

Posted · Camera zoom

Maybe you should show a screenshot or a video.  If you keep hitting plus you can keep zooming in.  At one point if you use rotate and pan you are so close you can only see a few traces because a few mm of your part fills the screen.  Did you keep hitting "+"?

Also right click drag orbits.  If you use those 3 features:

1) +

2) shift-right-click-drag

3) right-click-drag 

then you can zoom in so tight it's silly.

Posted · Camera zoom
    13 hours ago, gr5 said:

Maybe you should show a screenshot or a video.  If you keep hitting plus you can keep zooming in.  At one point if you use rotate and pan you are so close you can only see a few traces because a few mm of your part fills the screen.  Did you keep hitting "+"?

Also right click drag orbits.  If you use those 3 features:

1) +

2) shift-right-click-drag

3) right-click-drag 

then you can zoom in so tight it's silly.

OK cool.  Yeah, that works, thanks for the advice.  

That's actually what I was saying up top, however, I was just bad at explaining it :).  I was wondering if there was a way to just keep zooming without having to pan around; when you keep hitting + it will stop zooming at a certain point.  

I'll just use the pan and rotate technique.  Thanks again!

Posted (edited) · Camera zoom
    6 hours ago, Sean Southard said:

I was wondering if there was a way to just keep zooming without having to pan around; when you keep hitting + it will stop zooming at a certain point.  

+1 to that. Current zoom limit isn’t good enough (for me) to debug gcode preview issues and I end launching the gcode to s3d to just see the small details

Edited by neotko