Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Beta

SandervG

Posted (edited) · Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Beta
17 hours ago, rebekah_harper said:

Am I the only one with a UM3 where this beta doesn’t work???? 

No response to my comments or log file.

No - you're not alone - welcome to the club... ;)

It's the same here...

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/22192-introducing-ultimaker-cura-33-beta/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-205243

Edited by tinkergnome

Posted · Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Beta
    22 hours ago, rebekah_harper said:

this should be it.

I just enjoy being part of the process.  

I always run the last full version and a beta. 

cura.log

Hi,

From the log files we see there is still a UM2+ loaded, that would indicate the clean install hasn't removed the config folder. Could you try to zip the config folder and share it?

I will sort out the configuration files once I find them.

this log file comes from a post windows reset.  I added the UM2+ first as I run one of them too. But unlike before the rest it also behaved as the UM3 and failed so now both printers fail to work with 3.3

5 hours ago, rebekah_harper said:

I will sort out the configuration files once I find them.

this log file comes from a post windows reset.  I added the UM2+ first as I run one of them too. But unlike before the rest it also behaved as the UM3 and failed so now both printers fail to work with 3.3

It looked like Cura wanted to add a UM3 with a custom material for which it could not fin the profilel. Could that be possible?

We fixed this in the upcoming stable.

Nope.

basically after cura was installed I start software, get the warning which I click agree on and then it asks me to select a printer profile. I select either UM2+ or UM3 it then crashes and disappears.

13 minutes ago, rebekah_harper said:

Nope.

basically after cura was installed I start software, get the warning which I click agree on and then it asks me to select a printer profile. I select either UM2+ or UM3 it then crashes and disappears.

...ditto.

Posted (edited) · Introducing Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Beta
    On 4/21/2018 at 10:35 PM, ninjapigeon said:

Help appreciated!

-launch Cura 3.3 Beta after installing.  Agree to license. Can see a pop-up for "allow" of something behind a "select/name your printer" window.

-select my printer (UM3, named "Ultimaker 3" or even "BldrBot")

-window disappears as does all of Cura 3.3. (auto-quit)

Ideas? Suggestions?

incidentally, 15mb log for first launch? wow.

So, fixed this myself.

Seems the programmers on 3.3 took an assumption that didn't fit my profile. I have a smallish SSD to run Windows, and launch my apps from a RAID1 HDD setup.

After 3.3 released today, and i removed every config/install/appData file for my previous Cura installs, i had the same error.

This time the log said something along the lines of "file not found on expected drive".

Uninstall it all again, reinstall on the default 😄 drive.. lo and behold it works, and i'm printing now from 3.3.

😞

TL;DR - fixed, only if i installed on my default 😄 drive. Lame Ultimaker, lame.

Edit: Apologies for the rash judgments! Fixed in 3.4 and later, haven't had similar issues since!

Edited by ninjapigeon
    Fixed in update!

1 hour ago, ninjapigeon said:

So, fixed this myself.

Seems the programmers on 3.3 took an assumption that didn't fit my profile. I have a smallish SSD to run Windows, and launch my apps from a RAID1 HDD setup.

After 3.3 released today, and i removed every config/install/appData file for my previous Cura installs, i had the same error.

This time the log said something along the lines of "file not found on expected drive".

Uninstall it all again, reinstall on the default C: drive.. lo and behold it works, and i'm printing now from 3.3.

:(

TL;DR - fixed, only if i installed on my default C: drive. Lame Ultimaker, lame.

Yes we just found out of this bug after the release and are working on a fix. Sorry!

• Like 1

Version 3.3 (on Windows 10 - 64 bit) installs fine, and uninstalls the older version 3.2.1. Upon starting Cura 3.3, I see the logo splash screen and the changelog window, which then shuts down Cura. No orphan executables, nothing in the Windows logs.

Have uninstalled/reinstalled, and restarted Windows, but with the same result.

3 hours ago, Ghostfather said:

Version 3.3 (on Windows 10 - 64 bit) installs fine, and uninstalls the older version 3.2.1. Upon starting Cura 3.3, I see the logo splash screen and the changelog window, which then shuts down Cura. No orphan executables, nothing in the Windows logs.

Have uninstalled/reinstalled, and restarted Windows, but with the same result.

I had the same issue on my end. Try deleting your Cura config folders from both your AppData/Local and AppData/Roaming directories. Ended up working for me.

Note: Make sure you save any custom profiles you have before doing this.

Protip: don’t delete anything, but instead move it out of the way. That way you can try fixing things instead of starting from scratch.

• Like 1

If you didn't get the information yet, Ultimaker Cura 3.3 | Stable has been released! Please share your feedback here and download Ultimaker Cura 3.3 here! 

Ultimaker Cura 3.3.1 came out last night, and solved my problem

sorry for trouble , i upgrade cura now, but were is new plugin installation to develop new plugin as in 3.2?

On 3/28/2018 at 12:40 AM, smartavionics said:

Thanks for the mention @SandervG, I will put together a topic that describes the new bridging features and the associated settings.

Great work with scaleable extra prime. One little sugestion is a check box called combing only. Where scaleable extra prime only applies to moves which haven't had a retraction

Thank you for testing everyone! If you are interested in the newest, latest and greatest, Ultimaker Cura 3.4 | Beta just became available ? Follow this link if you want to read more about it