Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
koukimonster91

Weird diagnal line on sides of print

vBKPSgo.jpg

im using curaengine in repetier to slice and i get these lines on the sides of multiple prints. You can see it in the picture on the sloped area where the light is reflecting. i have watched it print and the head stops at those locations. they are not layer change marks nor are they, ummm ?row?, changing marks they are basically over extrusion from the head stopping. i found in the g code that the head moves on the x axis .001 mm at that spot. why does it do this? the stl file has a perfectly straight face and it even does it on calibration cubes

;TYPE:WALL-OUTER
G1 F2700 X14.964 Y132.391 E6771.51457
G1 X14.963 Y132.337 E6771.51636
G1 X14.964 Y93.835 E6772.79694
G1 X14.963 Y93.778 E6772.79884
G1 X14.964 Y73.328 E6773.47901    

So STL files can't do rectangles - they do triangles.  That's the edge of the triangle dividing that rectangle into 2 triangles. You can see it in the g codes above as well.

Your printer should not slow down so much at that spot.  You should get Marlin firmware.  Marlin looks at the angle change (which is either 0 degrees or close to it) and realizes it doesn't need to slow down (for a 10 degree angle change it only slows down a little).  Really really old firmware from like 7 years ago would stop at every vertex.  Just like your photo shows.